RD 6, Pick 194: TE Nick O'Leary, Florida State

We're drafting for the state prison this year it seems... We got ourselves a wife beating dope dealer, a guy that leaves an accident scene and a guy that helped Winston rape that girl... May as well get the murder suspect...

Well at least you will have people you know on your block.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack Nicklaus issued a statement ""Buffalo is a young, up-and-coming team with a bright future. It should be a good place for Nick.

"Buffalo’s got a tremendous defense; they have made a lot of changes on offense; and Rex Ryan is a players' coach. I tell you one thing, Buffalo got one heck of a football player in Nick. He is a heck of an athlete. He’s a hard worker. He’s got great hands. And he’s a lot faster than he tested, I’m going to promise you that."

me too

my favorite also. have heard of him since his high school days where he helped his team win state title for fl. and fsu where he set record for te receptions, won mackey award and was all American. tough kid who gets open and scores tds. when they talk about high football iq this guy has it. can play fb-hb type roll, lunch pail type guy, is still growing and get even better with time his upside is unlimited. I have always dreamed we would draft him.

Absolutely LOVE this pic. When I grew up, which pre-dates many of you, the Dolphins used to eat us alive with these type of TE's - guys like Bruce Hardy and Joe Rose - not great at any one thing, but solid at everything and seemingly always open ... Especially when the game was on the line. These are the type of players you need to build toward a winner. Terrific selection.

What the hell was O'Leary looking at instead of paying attention to the road?

From the MMQB article

"...when a black Lexus pulled out into the street. He remembers all of what happened next: He swerved to see if he could split between the car and an adjacent bus, but he couldnt. He aimed for the cars front tire and flew over the front of his motorcycle."

Jack Nicklaus issued a statement ""Buffalo is a young, up-and-coming team with a bright future. It should be a good place for Nick.

"Buffalo’s got a tremendous defense; they have made a lot of changes on offense; and Rex Ryan is a players' coach. I tell you one thing, Buffalo got one heck of a football player in Nick. He is a heck of an athlete. He’s a hard worker. He’s got great hands. And he’s a lot faster than he tested, I’m going to promise you that."

How cool would it be to see the Golden Bear at RWS in the fall!

How cool would it be to see the Golden Bear at RWS in the fall!

He only missed one of Nick's home games in college, so I suspect he'll be invited to a LOT of corporate boxes at the Ralph....

Nice story on O'Leary's draft-day experience...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/bills-select-oleary-in-sixth-round-ending-tense-da/nk7xL/

"The biggest adjustment for a family of lifelong Miami Dolphins fans - Jack Nicklaus still owns Dolphins season tickets - will be switching their allegiance to one of the team’sMiami’s arch nemesis."

“We’ll do what we have to do,” Nan O’Leary said. “Go Bills.”

Edited by Lurker

Im watching the replay of the rose bowl with my son right now......

Seminoles lost....but Darby, Williams, Oleary huge part of this game

I am understanding why Darby was taken now

fsu was stacked with NFL talent. I am not a bit upset that we cleaned house from their team.

Anyone else listen to Nick's conference call and think he sounded exactly like Kiko?

I remember reading an early scouting report that had O'leary at 6'2"5/8 and 248lbs... But I'll accept NFL's scouting report of him at 6'3" 252lbs with 29 and 1/4 inch arms and 9 and 1/4 inch hands...

Rob Gronkowski is 6'6" 265lbs with 34 and 1/4 inch arms and 10 and 3/4 inch hands.

Jimmy Graham is 6'7" 265lbs with 35 inch arms and 10 and 5/8 inch hands.

If I were making a blueprint of an effective TE in today's NFL, it's NOT going to look like Nick O'leary... And I really like the kid alot! -Best pick of our entire draft IMO... Woulda been great to have a BIG WR or TE to pair him with... (6'4" or better) -Size and catch radius matter, unfortunately.

Edited by #34fan

I remember reading an early scouting report that had O'leary at 6'2"5/8 and 248lbs... But I'll accept NFL's scouting report of him at 6'3" 252lbs with 29 and 1/4 inch arms and 9 and 1/4 inch hands...

Rob Gronkowski is 6'6" 265lbs with 34 and 1/4 inch arms and 10 and 3/4 inch hands.

If I were making a blueprint of an effective TE in today's NFL, it's NOT going to look like Nick O'leary... And I really like the kid alot! -Best pick of our entire draft IMO... Woulda been great to have a BIG WR or TE to pair him with... (6'4" or better) -Size and catch radius matter, unfortunately.

That's all well and good but nobody is claiming he's Gronk or Graham.

Im watching the replay of the rose bowl with my son right now......

Seminoles lost....but Darby, Williams, Oleary huge part of this game

I am understanding why Darby was taken now

Link?

edit: I found it

Edited by CNY315

Oh, you mean like this guy. Such a pity that The Bills didn't do just that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nanker