Favorite moment as a Bills fan

There have been some sentimental threads flying around lately so I thought that this was a great place to pick our favorite moments as a Bills fan. Let's see if we can have just 1. For me I loved the sale of the team, had a blast at the comeback game, Lawyer Milloy's 1st game, enjoyed the goal posts being torn down (even though my dad wouldn't let me partake) but the Raiders AFC Championship is first. I remember the whole stadium standing and singing "I've got a feeling..." in the 3rd quarter. The 2nd half was a coronation, not a competition.

What is your single favorite moment as a Bills fan?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 3 of 2011, it was the last home game I attended. We came back from a 21-10 halftime score to defeat Tom Brady and the Pats* 34-31 and Tom Brady threw 4 picks. When the game ended nearly the entire stadium stayed in their seats and cheered for probably 15 minutes, but it felt like an hour, and it felt absolutely amazing.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Even though this is a trendy pick I'd say The Comeback. On a personal note, I was the only Bills fan in a room full of people who mostly didn't care about the Bills and were making fun of me (not being from Buffalo I stood alone in my fanhood many times as a kid). It made it that much sweeter when they came back and won.

Another one that comes to mind would be the 31-0 beat down of NE in 2003. If Rex can lead us to better years then I guess hiring him will be one of my favorite moments as well but that is yet to be determined.

Lots to choose from, and although there's a bunch from the hey-day that stick out, I think my favorite was the December 1st, 2002 home game against Miami.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221201002

Ricky Williams had over 200 yards rushing and Buffalo was down early, but the Bills' high-octane offense couldn't be held back. What I remember most about that game is how it went from cold and sunny to total blizzard in about 30 seconds. After Peerless Price's TD catch at the end of the 1st half, the entire stadium rose to a raucous scream as we turned toward the scoreboard and saw the blizzard move in. Within minutes, the entire stadium was blanketed in snow, which harkened back to the 90's when Miami used to come up here full of hope only to be decimated by the cold and the No Huddle Offense.

2nd half was much the same, and the game closed with Travis Henry pounding one into the end zone, prompting the fans to rise to their feet and sing "Let it snow" over and over.

EDIT: found the highlights...

Edited by thebandit27

No doubt love the comeback game but the one I remember everything about the most was the afc championship game against the raiders were we went up 28-0 before anyone new what the hell was going on. Was in a bar watching with some friends and it was awesome to start and continue that drubbing!!

For me, it was opening day, 1980...Bills break the Dolphins streak, and the whole stadium went ape-**** crazy! It was my first game as a season ticket holder...I had loved the Bills before that, but it cemented things for me the rest of the way!

There have been some sentimental threads flying around lately so I thought that this was a great place to pick our favorite moments as a Bills fan. Let's see if we can have just 1. For me I loved the sale of the team, had a blast at the comeback game, Lawyer Milloy's 1st game, enjoyed the goal posts being torn down (even though my dad wouldn't let me partake) but the Raiders AFC Championship is first. I remember the whole stadium standing and singing "I've got a feeling..." in the 3rd quarter. The 2nd half was a coronation, not a competition.

I'm with you on this one Kirby. Great game and "one for the ages."

+1 on 51-3. The whole second half was just a big party with 80K of your closest friends. I don't know how many times I turned to my brother or Dad and said "I can't believe it. We really are going to the Super bowl!" Such an unbelievable thing to even comprehend at that time.

Edited by stevewin

It was the Oilers comeback win for me. I was ready to head for the parking lot at halftime, but my son talked me into staying until the end. Glad I did! My wife thought I was nuts to then record the WHAM radio replay of the game the following week. Still have the cassette tape today.

Easy . For me it was the AFC Championship game against the Raiders. It was 41-3 at the half and ended up 51-3. I was at the game and had a great time. Lots of flags at this one as it was in the midst of the first gulf war. I was in the Army at the time, serving as a Recruiting Station Commander in Olean. Got to see lots of Bills games and Bonaventure basketball. Great memories of both.

This may be sick but ..............................

After we lost the first Super Bowl and everybody was gathered downtown cheering for Scott Norwood, and him getting emotional at the podium.

Yeah I KNOW we lost .... and I still cringe when somebody says either wide or right, but that was the moment that I was proudest to call myself a Bills fan.

My first non preseason game. it was in 2007. My dad refused to let me go to a game till I was that age because of the drunkenness. The game against the Dolphins. I think we won 21-0. What was fun was teasing the 8 year old kid behind me with a Dolphins jersey on.

Although that comeback against the pats was the best game I saw where I was old enough to appreciate it. It felt like we were gonna win the Super Bowl. We were 3-0. Unstoppable! FitzGailey was gonna lead us to the promised land!!!!

For me, it was opening day, 1980...Bills break the Dolphins streak, and the whole stadium went ape-**** crazy! It was my first game as a season ticket holder...I had loved the Bills before that, but it cemented things for me the rest of the way!

This is my second fav. The first game I ever went to. I was 9 and went with my Dad to shut him up cause he kept bugging me to go to s game with him.

There's a bunch to choose from for me, but one of my favorite Bills' memories happened in 1989. My family was pretty friendly with John Kidd and he invited us to a Saturday walk through at the Ralph before the final game of the regular season. A lot of the players' family members (kinds and wives mainly) were there on the sidelines as the players walked through a non contact practice. The mood was very light, I got to play catch with Andre Reed and Kenny Davis on the sidelines for a bit and wound up almost getting myself killed by Bruce Smith, which became the highlight of the afternoon.

I am the youngest brother in my family, and at the time was just a little guy (under 10), used to being picked on by my older brothers. There I am on the sidelines of a Bills practice, on the field, living my dream, and the whole time my brothers would walk up behind me and flick my ear or punch me in the shoulder (as brothers do). I was tired of it and trying to watch some of the practice when I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I figured it was my brother so I turned around and went to punch him -- only to find myself staring up at Bruce Smith. I mean, I had my fist cocked and was ready to throw -- glad I didn't because I would have hit him right in the nuts based on how much taller he was than me. Bruce laughed and then offered to throw the ball around with me for a bit.

We capped off the day with a tour of the locker room and stadium, got to talk for awhile with Tasker, Talley and Biscuit. The only down side to the whole day was Jim Kelly wasn't in attendance (flu if I remember right) but John Kidd got everyone on the team to sign a program for me and my brothers...which my mother proceeded to lose over the next decade sadly. It was the day that cemented forever my love of the team.