Kromer: All 5 spots on OL are open to competition

daryl Williams from Oklahoma? Could be a fit there. And his last name is williams.

Yes to Daryl Williams big time. I think he can play RT, but move to OG in a pinch.

I'll also continue to bang the drum for Jarvis Harrison, who is the opposite: a guard that can move to OT in a pinch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/OL-coach-Aaron-Kromer-All-5-spots-open-to-competition/6e2b7f94-15f8-4705-8b87-d50ff27adcaa

"It'll be a competition at all spots and we'll find the five best that can play and sometimes its not the five most talented, its the five who fit together the best"

Thats nice change from Marrones "the 5 best".

i think thats a pretty good attitude of Kromer. Communication is so important along with trust

How will they know who fits the best without playing games?

Now c'mon. These coaches know what the heck is going on. Its not a guessing game. well maybe it was the last two seasons :bag:

sounds like softening the blow for moving Glenn inside if we pick up someone else

cut that malarkey out Hokie!!

I was thinking about Eric Wood moving from center

and...who moves in?

I was thinking about Eric Wood moving from center

We had Wood at G and people wanted to move him to C. Now we want to move him back?

The two most important positions on the oline are LT (for a right handed qb) and C. Wood and Glenn are good players who got hurt by bad Gs and bad coaching. Moving good players all around would only hurt the oline.

Good olines are consistent groups who have little movement or injuries. If the G play improves this year and we don't have high school play calling, Wood and Glenn will be back to being very good players.

i just don't think he will get beaten out at LT. Imagine a rookie going against our DL in TC. Hughes ate Seantrel alive last summer.

He doesn't have to get beaten out at LT. All that needs to happen is Kromer decides that the best overall OL has Glenn at RG. Personally, I can't imagine that it would make sense moving your best OLman away from LT but who knows.

Hmm this is what every single OL coach, except for one, always preached.

I think he also said something about figuring it out by the time training camp starts, so they can work on the chemistry. Again, unlike the previous admin that was monkeying around with different combos through the last preseason game...

Kromer was on WGR and said his preference is not to move anyone from where they are comfortable.

i think thats an obvious part of piecing together the right chemistry. not to say you cant move guys but things being equal otherwise, playing your comfortable position would obviously be a positive thing.

sounds like softening the blow for moving Glenn inside if we pick up someone else

If they draft or pick up a T I'm guessing it's for the right side. Glenn shouldn't move inside if Henderson is still starting RT

Did everyone listen to Kromer's interviews at GR-55?

I think our O Line improved 10% just on the strength of his interviews!

Guy sounds like a real coach and a man with a plan.

He'll make everyone a little better just via coaching.

I think we also need someone credible who can play center. As backup to Wood.

Urbik is actually a pretty decent backup center. I'll be surprised if he's not the game day interior backup this season.

Did everyone listen to Kromer's interviews at GR-55?

I think our O Line improved 10% just on the strength of his interviews!

Guy sounds like a real coach and a man with a plan.

He'll make everyone a little better just via coaching.

Kromer is a very good OL coach...the work he did in NO with late-round guys like Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks, Zach Strief, and Brian de la Puente was outstanding.