Kromer: All 5 spots on OL are open to competition

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/OL-coach-Aaron-Kromer-All-5-spots-open-to-competition/6e2b7f94-15f8-4705-8b87-d50ff27adcaa

"It'll be a competition at all spots and we'll find the five best that can play and sometimes its not the five most talented, its the five who fit together the best"

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/OL-coach-Aaron-Kromer-All-5-spots-open-to-competition/6e2b7f94-15f8-4705-8b87-d50ff27adcaa

"It'll be a competition at all spots and we'll find the five best that can play and sometimes its not the five most talented, its the five who fit together the best"

Hmm this is what every single OL coach, except for one, always preached.

If we move Glenn inside we lose him the next year.....simple as that

i just don't think he will get beaten out at LT. Imagine a rookie going against our DL in TC. Hughes ate Seantrel alive last summer. Edited by YoloinOhio

i just don't think he will get beaten out at LT. Imagine a rookie going against our DL in TC. Hughes ate Seantrel alive last summer.

He did

I still maintain that our 2nd round pick should be the OT from Oregon if available

I think he could EASILY play LG.......and he gives us insurance at the OT spots. It might be a need pick but it would also fall in line with BPA pick as well

Fisher would start this year

He did

I still maintain that our 2nd round pick should be the OT from Oregon if available

I think he could EASILY play LG.......and he gives us insurance at the OT spots. It might be a need pick but it would also fall in line with BPA pick as well

Fisher would start this year

if he is there they run to the podium. He can start at G immediately and at OT if needed for injury. Imo.

How will they know who fits the best without playing games?

Assess skill sets and try to beat gauge who pairs best to what's being asked and talent around them? Just like any coach in the offseason...and then scramble in September

Pick the most well rounded OL available. A tackle who could play guard preferably. Insurance at tackle and a starter at guard.

daryl Williams from Oklahoma? Could be a fit there. And his last name is williams. Edited by YoloinOhio

We certainly need a replacement Williams for when we inevitably cut Chris Williams.

If Maxx is available at 50- how do we not pull the trigger on another Williams. And if Daryl is there in the third, we are +2 Williams