Strahan calls Beckham "greatest athlete on earth" right now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483522/article/strahan-calls-odell-beckham-greatest-athlete-on-earth

With what he did on football field, ability to play pro soccer if he wanted , and stuff like this hard to argue with strahan

Odell Beckham Jr. throws a windmill dunk NBA styl: http://youtu.be/PO4fTaS09bo

Edited by JTSP

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483522/article/strahan-calls-odell-beckham-greatest-athlete-on-earth

With what he did on football field, ability to play pro soccer if he wanted , and stuff like this hard to argue with strahan

Odell Beckham Jr. throws a windmill dunk NBA styl: http://youtu.be/PO4fTaS09bo

Ultimately, why would jtsp even want to consider otherwise

Ultimately, why would jtsp even want to consider otherwise

Actually I thought it was a little over the top when I read the headline. But then I considered the alternatives:

- bolt? Ok hes the world's fastest man but how versatile is he? Can he do anything but run fast in a straight line? Btw beckham and some other NFL players have world class speed

- lebron? He's amazing on the court, and therea speculation given his size and speed be could play football too. But I've never seen him run football drills. And until I actually see him (or anyone ) perform in as rough a sport as NFL football I am not giving them benefit of the doubt. Beckham oth I do believe when he says he could have played pro soccer. And he is now on film peforming an nba-caliber dunk

Who else is there?

Actually I thought it was a little over the top when I read the headline. But then I considered the alternatives:

- bolt? Ok hes the world's fastest man but how versatile is he? Can he do anything but run fast in a straight line? Btw beckham and some other NFL players have world class speed

- lebron? He's amazing on the court, and therea speculation given his size and speed be could play football too. But I've never seen him run football drills. And until I actually see him (or anyone ) perform in as rough a sport as NFL football I am not giving them benefit of the doubt. Beckham oth I do believe when he says he could have played pro soccer. And he is now on film peforming an nba-caliber dunk

Who else is there?

LeBron was the number 2 rated wr coming out of an ohio high school. I think he can definitely play TE Edited by Agent 91

LeBron was the number 2 rated wr coming out of an ohio high school. I think he can definitely play TE

Big difference, big big difference, between some high school ranking and actually playing in the NFL. Even Barkley who many said would make an ideal TE or DE, said no way he could play in NFL. Sport is just too physical and violent on every play. Edited by JTSP

Beckham is a special athlete. I won't disagree. But if Sammy made that 1 handed tip catch on Sunday Night Football with everyone watching he would be getting this hype also.

Yea well if I made that one handed tip catch on Sunday Night football with everyone watching then I would be getting the hype. I mean seriously your point is if somebody else made the play then they would be the one getting the media attention, I love messageboard logic.

Who else is there?

There are different definitions of 'athlete'. One may choose to say that a top athlete is the very best to ever play the game e.g. Roger Federer in tennis. Others may choose a person who does well in several sports.

There are however, not a lot of variation to using terms such as 'best athlete in the world' . This implies Strahan keeps up with what is going on in other sports and also around the world. Unless athlete is synonymous with Wide Receiver and NY defines 'world'.

Let me give you one example of what kind of athletes exist around the world to indicate how utterly myopic, misinformed and ignorant Mr Strahan's view is.

AB Devilliers

Edited by Fan in Chicago