Bills comfortable signing "more professional" Dareus

Bills comfortable with re-signing more professional Dareus, GM Whaley says

Whaley said Dareus off-the-field troubles are behind him. Hopes they don't need to match Suh deal. Also some other stuff on QBs.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/bills-comfortable-with-re-signing-more-professional-dareus-gm-whaley-says/

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to keep Dareus.

If we can get him for cheaper than what Suh is getting, that would be great.

However, we might have to give Dareus what he wants.

Amazing after his first two years with us, people on this board, and you know who you are, labeled Dareus as a bust.

Am I the only person on board with no extending him until after or during this season? I think his stock is at an all-time high. Maybe a little less production this year will lower his price?

Am I the only person on board with no extending him until after or during this season? I think his stock is at an all-time high. Maybe a little less production this year will lower his price?

No, Doc did. That's who House was replying to.

No. Doc said "Less - like Hughes did", not "Less than Hughes did."

(actually he said, "Less then Hughes did" which just doesn't make sense at all.

We need to keep Dareus.

If we can get him for cheaper than what Suh is getting, that would be great.

However, we might have to give Dareus what he wants.

Amazing after his first two years with us, people on this board, and you know who you are, labeled Dareus as a bust.

I agree with just about everything that was said in that article.

Dareus was treading on thin ice at the start of last year.

He's obviously matured and turned his life around - or at least he did last year.

Good for him, because he's looking at a massive contract instead of an uncertain future.

Edited by Nanker

what if we just start signing all low end players, that should keep our cap way down. Or if we're really lucky, Bradham and Gilmore will have bad years too.

what if we just start signing all low end players, that should keep our cap way down. Or if we're really lucky, Bradham and Gilmore will have bad years too.

You're missing the point. Dareus was an all-pro last year. He has all the bargaining power. I'm suggesting waiting it out to see if his production drops to try and see if they could regain any bargaining power.

I do wonder if Whaley said what he has to say. It's telling that the Bills did not step up earlier to extend Dareus. If he really has not matured the kind of money SuH is making as a comparison contract will be insane to throw at him. There is no question of talent but look at the guys who basically get a big contract and then do not play at the level they were at before.