Freds rushing stats last year

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we use him just when you want to ?

No ... I specifically mentioned a particular stat. Runs over 20, 30 and 40 yards.

Spin it whatever way you want. Spiller was more productive as a Bill during the years he and Fred shared the ball. There's really no disputing it. Christ, between the circle jerks around Fred and Kiko, this place could rival the Pacific Ocean.

No ... I specifically mentioned a particular stat. Runs over 20, 30 and 40 yards.

Spin it whatever way you want. Spiller was more productive as a Bill during the years he and Fred shared the ball. There's really no disputing it. Christ, between the circle jerks around Fred and Kiko, this place could rival the Pacific Ocean.

You're the one getting all flustered over some RB not on the roster anymore. Do you think there's some Jets fan looking up 2011 stats on Bilial Powell right now?

You're the one getting all flustered over some RB not on the roster anymore. Do you think there's some Jets fan looking up 2011 stats on Bilial Powell right now?

Good point. I'm always quick to criticize people bringing up ex-Bills.

But I've been beating this drum for a couple/few years. Don't confuse it with me not liking Fred. I love the guy a much as everyone else.

I just dislike the fact the people think that Spiller sucked, when in fact, he was better than Fred. And the statistics show it.

But you are right. I'm done with this topic.

I can't believe !@#$ing FireChan talked sense into me. What the !@#$ is this world coming to?

BUT HE NEVER GETS IN THE ENDZONE. Last years RBs career touches per TD Boobie Dixon 27, Fred 35, Bryce 44, CJ 45. EJ has 1 in every 23 rushing attempts, heck Kyle averages 1 in every 32 rushing attempts.

Glad Fred is here is the heart of this team. He is a very good 3rd down back and that is how he will b primarily used. Running, catching, blocking, and being a leader is why he is on this team. Its not like we r paying him that much. Pegs has enough to go around. The salary cap isn't in jeopardy because of Fred's contract!

BUT HE NEVER GETS IN THE ENDZONE. Last years RBs career touches per TD Boobie Dixon 27, Fred 35, Bryce 44, CJ 45. EJ has 1 in every 23 rushing attempts, heck Kyle averages 1 in every 32 rushing attempts.

Do you watch Bills games? I'm done with this conversation. I love you.

He averaged on offense .2 yards more per touch. Woohoo ! Fred had more TDs and first downs those win games. In 2011 alone Fred had 18 total 20+ yard plays, 5 total 40+ plays, and 53 first downs in 10 games.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I know one of Fred's fumbles was on the play where he basically tore his groin muscle this year.

He also fumbled once while getting knocked unconscious once. How dare he? I don't remember him waving the ball around in one hand with no one between him and the goal line.

he totaly destroyed jj watt in pass protection. never seen such a good block by a RB. slash n dash jackson is my all time favorite bill and has been for many years. theres no need for "cut him" talk. the guys a legend and deserves a solid back up role on this team. shady is going to be great but he will still need a breather from time to time.

So is this guy ever gonna answer Fc's question ? Is captain inactive the bigger stronger faster back he

What... Bryce and Boobie... Both bigger and stronger and don't even get started on the speed thing... Fred is slow as fug.

Too funny. Let's start tuel while we are at it. This couldn't have went in his last Fred sucks thread ?

Good point. I'm always quick to criticize people bringing up ex-Bills.

But I've been beating this drum for a couple/few years. Don't confuse it with me not liking Fred. I love the guy a much as everyone else.

I just dislike the fact the people think that Spiller sucked, when in fact, he was better than Fred. And the statistics show it.

But you are right. I'm done with this topic.

I can't believe !@#$ing FireChan talked sense into me. What the !@#$ is this world coming to?

Spiller was a bust... Deal with it and move on. Be happy he is gone, he gave his only good year he will ever have and that was it. Edited by Beef Jerky

Busts can compile 1700 yard seasons? Interesting. Busts stay unemployed for half a week also before other teams fight over "bust".

Yes they can... Like I said one good year isn't going to take you out of that category. Plenty of one year wonders...

Stats are useful tools, but they never tell the whole story. I think that everybody, even Buffaloed in Pa, knows how valuable Fred has been to this team. But, let's get real, here. This will be Fred's last season. We all know it. His role will be limited, sure. But, he will still be an asset in his limited role, both on and off the field. He will retire a Bill at the end of the season, and I hope they retire his number. There should never be another 22 in a Bills uniform.

Now leave it alone.

Fred's value is listed in the intangibles.

Stat-1 He is a true leader of the players and all the players respect him, a true informal leader, Vetran Leadership is huge when dealing with young men.

Stat-2 He is a true gamer, gives 100% all the time, he'll have no issue playing behind McCoy, his touches will be down but his yards per carry will still be over 3.5 per touch.

Stat-3 He knows how to get the tough yards, look at his conversion rate on 3-1

Stat-4 He likes Buffalo and they like him, Fred's career kind of mimics Buffalo the little know player from D-3, and Buffalo vs the NFL

Stat-5 I like him and I would to see him go out a winner, and this year we're going to the play offs with Freddie!!!!!

So let me get this straight......

The bills go out and get the 3rd best RB in the league in the offseason

And we are bitching about Fred Jackson.....pretty much the heart of the team......and his whatever carries he might get behind McCoy?

This is a NON issue here.......

+1 There are several posters on this board who revel in going against the grain.

Stats are useful tools, but they never tell the whole story. I think that everybody, even Buffaloed in Pa, knows how valuable Fred has been to this team. But, let's get real, here. This will be Fred's last season. We all know it. His role will be limited, sure. But, he will still be an asset in his limited role, both on and off the field. He will retire a Bill at the end of the season, and I hope they retire his number. There should never be another 22 in a Bills uniform.

Now leave it alone.

Well said.

The problem is some people in here create a strawman to tear it down. They say Fred is the feature back and that he is no good. But he is not a feature back-- he will be an effective backup and 3rd down back. I think we will see him e productive and tough, and then retire after this year.

141 carries for 525 yds 3.7 ypc. 2tds 5 yes ,5 fumbles in 141 carries. 3 fumbles 2013 5 fumbles 2012 .

Your personal vendetta against Fred Jackson is almost as laughable. Your thread title clearly says

"Freds rushing stats last year"

And your Op? "141 carries for 525 yds 3.7 ypc. 2tds 5 yes ,5 fumbles in 141 carries. 3 fumbles 2013 5 fumbles 2012 ."

Freddy's fumbles last year: RUSHING 0, receiving 3, punt returns 2. 0 fumbles were lost, 4 were recovered, and 1 went out of

bounds. So that is 0 fumbles in 141 carries not 5. Punt return and receptions are not carries.

http://www.nfl.com/player/fredjackson/2506871/careerstats

Fred has 27 career fumbles in 106 games. That is 15 rushing, 8 receiving, 1 on kick return, and 3 on punt returns. 11 fumbles lost.

By comparison;

Adrian Peterson 31 fumbles in 104 games. 27 rushing, 4 receiving. 0 on kick returns and punt returns. 19 fumbles lost.

Demarco Murry 12 fumbles in 53 games. 8 rushing , 4 receiving. 0 on kick returns and punt returns. 8 fumbles lost.

CJ Spiller 17 fumbles in 70 games. 13 rushing, 1 receiving. 2 on kick returns and 1 on punt returns. 8 fumbles lost.

I don't think AP's 31 fumbles means that he sucks!

The say the offensive unit regressed under Marrone and Hackett is an understatement. What has become apparent to me is Doug

Marrone received too much credit for his perceived success while he was O.C of the Saint's. You criticize freddy for having 3.7 ypc,

while Spiller managed 3.8 ypc and the "nameless back" had 3.5 ypc behind the same line. In 2012 "the nameless one" had 115

carries for 564 yds. behind one of the best o-lines in football. So much for bigger faster stronger. Fred Jackson has been consistent

and dependable. He picks up 1st downs. He moves the chains and picks up tough yardage. Unfortunately a player's will and heart do

not show up in their stats. CJ is electrifying carrying the ball, but he is also inconsistent. Many here will remember the Cleveland

game in 2013 where EJ was hurt and we lost. That game CJ broke 54 yard touchdown run. CJ finished that game going 8 carries for

66 yds for 8.3 ypc and a touchdown. The 7 drive killing carries where his touches averaged 1.71 yards are what gets forgotten and

overlooked.

Edited by Cold Front

Your personal vendetta against Fred Jackson is almost as laughable. Your thread title clearly says

And your Op? "141 carries for 525 yds 3.7 ypc. 2tds 5 yes ,5 fumbles in 141 carries. 3 fumbles 2013 5 fumbles 2012 ."

Freddy's fumbles last year: RUSHING 0, receiving 3, punt returns 2. 0 fumbles were lost, 4 were recovered, and 1 went out of

bounds. So that is 0 fumbles in 141 carries not 5. Punt return and receptions are not carries.

Fred has 27 career fumbles in 106 games. That is 15 rushing, 8 receiving, 1 on kick return, and 3 on punt returns. 11 fumbles lost.

By comparison;

Adrian Peterson 31 fumbles in 104 games. 27 rushing, 4 receiving. 0 on kick returns and punt returns. 19 fumbles lost.

Demarco Murry 12 fumbles in 53 games. 8 rushing , 4 receiving. 0 on kick returns and punt returns. 8 fumbles lost.

CJ Spiller 17 fumbles in 70 games. 13 rushing, 1 receiving. 2 on kick returns and 1 on punt returns. 8 fumbles lost.

The say the offensive unit regressed under Marrone and Hackett is an understatement. What has become apparent to me is Doug

Marrone received too much credit for his perceived success while he was O.C of the Saint's. You criticize freddy for having 3.7 ypc,

while Spiller managed 3.8 ypc and the "nameless back" had 3.5 ypc behind the same line. In 2012 "the nameless one" had 115

carries for 564 yds. behind one of the best o-lines in football. So much for bigger faster stronger. Fred Jackson has been consistent

and dependable. He picks up 1st downs. He moves the chains and picks up tough yardage. Unfortunately a player's will and heart do

not show up in their stats. CJ is electrifying carrying the ball, but he is also inconsistent. Many here will remember the Cleveland

game in 2013 where EJ was hurt and we lost. That game CJ broke 54 yard touchdown run. CJ finished that game going 8 carries for

66 yds for 8.3 ypc and a touchdown. The 7 drive killing carries where his touches averaged 1.71 yards are what gets forgotten and

overlooked.

I saw 3 hall of fame players on the Bills let go ,when their skills faded. What the hell did Fred lead the league in ever. When your done Mediocre back on a year after year losing team. Could never be a # 1 back . That's why he shared. Maybe they should get a statue for him too. Time for him to spend time with the family or become a coach of some type. I can tell you Whaley wanted him gone.

I saw 3 hall of fame players on the Bills let go ,when their skills faded. What the hell did Fred lead the league in ever. When your done Mediocre back on a year after year losing team. Could never be a # 1 back . That's why he shared. Maybe they should get a statue for him too. Time for him to spend time with the family or become a coach of some type. I can tell you Whaley wanted him gone.

Why does he have to be a top RB to retain him? He does his job very well, and is still doing his job very well. We signed the top RB, but have room behind McCoy for a Jackson type player. Our run game was poor all around last year. We went from 2nd in 2013 to 25th in 2014. The entire offense regressed last year, and it wasn't because Fred was a year older.

In 2013 Fred Jackson ranked 34th in the entire league in all purpose yardage which includes all WR's RB's and TE's. You might say 34th is bad, but it is in company with players like Brandon Marshall, Darren Sproles, Frank Gore, Le'Veon Bell, Jordie Nelson.

That is not mediocre. You are wrong.

Edited by What a Tuel

You can tell us Whaley wanted him gone? How do you know that... Did he tell you personally, Bryce?

By comparison;

overlooked.

Buffaloed in PA lied, people sighed!

Following the 1999 season Bruce Smith (age 36) and Thurman Thomas (age 33) were cut to get under salary cap of 62.2 million.

They joined Andre Reed who left as a free agent. John Butler's over spending on mediocre players like John Holecek resulted in a

roster purge of 31 players from the 1999 playoff squad over the next two years. Thurman went on to the Dolphins where he averaged

4.9 ypc before suffering a career ending knee injury against the Chargers. Bruce went to the Redskins where he put up 29 sacks

over the next 4 years. Following Bruce's release the Bills drafted their bigger, faster, and stronger replacement Erik Flowers who

managed to put up 5 sacks over the course of his 7 year career in the NFL.

Imo, you cannot judge a rb's production solely on ypc. since screens and passes to the flat are an extension of a running play. Last

season Fred had 207 touches rushing/ receiving offensively for a total of 1026 yards. That's roughly 4.96 yards per touch.

Edited by Cold Front

And your source for this statement is?

The only publically available statement is that Whaley was asked "whether he ever had the intention of releasing veteran running back Fred Jackson" and he said "no".

Maybe someone in the Bills FO or coaching staff saw him as expendable - I can understand the logic looking at the cap number, especially if you've never coached the guy.

Fred generated >1000 yds of offense last year behind a horrible OL with mediocre to non-existant blocking and a mediocre QB

I say either back up your statement or hush.

Edited by Hopeful

And your source for this statement is?

The only publically available statement is that Whaley was asked "whether he ever had the intention of releasing veteran running back Fred Jackson" and he said "no".

Maybe someone in the Bills FO or coaching staff saw him as expendable - I can understand the logic looking at the cap number, especially if you've never coached the guy.

Fred generated >1000 yds of offense last year behind a horrible OL with mediocre to non-existant blocking and a mediocre QB

I say either back up your statement or hush.

That`s why we kept losing. Fred type talent.

Fred does more than run the ball. IMO, he is one of the best at protecting the QB. Did anyone see when Fred upended JJ Watt at Houston? JJ looked back at him like, who the heck was that.

I couldn't find a video of that, but here are some of my all time favorite Fred moments. Age may slow his him down a step or two, but his experience in the backfield while protecting the QB is irreplaceable.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090702/2014/REG1/bills@bears?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000390761&tab=videos

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090800/2013/REG1/patriots@bills?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000240169&tab=videos

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011112002/2011/REG11/bills@dolphins?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A09000d5d8244a171&tab=videos

so we have KTRubbs and Buffaloed in Pa running an Anti Fred campaign. I just dont see the point of these types of dialogues , if they can be described as such.

" Yeah Lick bag he's got to go hurting this team for real ... People in a previous thread saying chandler ran a 10.0... Joking obviously but I think they mistaken him for Freddy "

i dont even know what this means ?^

but Lick Bag part was pretty funny i thought : )) :wub:

any one who knows the Bills play for play know what Jackson has done for this team , through sickness and in health , for better or worse.

Till death ( or retirement) do us part.

and let us pray for those less fortunate of mind and or body than us here today. amen.

Edited by 3rdand12