Trade for Ryan Nassib?

Vinaccia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

how is he any better than Cassel?

Let's face it the Giants are suffering at numerous positions, and probably would trade Nassib for the right player, since the co-owner of the Giants has expressed the desire for Eli to retire a Giant. As a result a lot of trade rumor discussions have been brought up regarding trading Nassib. Do you guys think it would be a good fit for the Bills to trade for him? Apparently he can read defenses well and he's been sitting behind a seasoned pro for a couple years now. Would it be worth it to bring him into compete? I'll be honest to say I know nothing about him other than he played well in the preseason without interceptions.

well there is at least one Syracuse U. fan on this board

Nassib gets rid of the ball in a hurry, but needs to work on his foot work. He doesn't step up into the pocket very well either. Throws off his back foot a lot, doesn't step into his throws. These are all " coachable" flaws that with a little work from a good QB coach could be corrected, but no, the Bills will not trade anybody for him. They have enough on their plate with coaching EJ and getting Matt up to speed with the playbook. Tyrod is a work in progress as well.

He sux. said it then and now. Remember when over half this board loved him,said he was the sure 1st pick. Esp that dog something poster and Kelly dog.

Turns his head when getting rushed or about to get hit. This causing bad throws or fumbles. Afraid of getting hit. Same thing I noticed about Gabbert when watching college clips.

if this guy went to Utah, Arizona, Virginia, or DeVry no one would care about him. But, we do because he went to Cuse. We kept hearing his name and were convinced in loser fashion he's worth a shot because everyone kept saying he played for Marrone.

Marrone didn't want him. Marrone is garbage. Why would we want him?

if this guy went to Utah, Arizona, Virginia, or DeVry no one would care about him. But, we do because he went to Cuse. We kept hearing his name and were convinced in loser fashion he's worth a shot because everyone kept saying he played for Marrone.

Marrone didn't want him. Marrone is garbage. Why would we want him?

Well, for starters he is a perfect fit for a west coast offense. He's smart (can read the whole field), has good arm strength and is athletic and improved significantly from year one to two per all reports I've seen. He was the number 1 QB on Gruden's board in 2013. He's also likely a better prospect than every QB in this draft except Winston. The only way I think Mariota will have a chance is if he goes to Chip Kelly and even then I'm skeptical.

I would trade a 3rd rounder for Nassib in a heartbeat.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

All I've read about Nassib in this thread indicates that he should have been a first rounder. Can someone give some negatives to his game?

I've watched 12+ of his games and really don't get the interest in this guy. No outstanding traits, no wow throws. Can't call his arm strong, maybe just average. Screams back-up when I watch him.

I like the toughness he shows and he does have some accuracy but that is about it.

All I've read about Nassib in this thread indicates that he should have been a first rounder. Can someone give some negatives to his game?

I've watched 12+ of his games and really don't get the interest in this guy. No outstanding traits, no wow throws. Can't call his arm strong, maybe just average. Screams back-up when I watch him.

I like the toughness he shows and he does have some accuracy but that is about it.

I've seen every game of Nassib's, college and pro. He has gotten better every single year.

Negatives:

-Doesn't have elite arm strength.

-Is athletic, but not Russell Wilson athletic.

-Only 6'2"

-Played in the Big East which means he didn't play against top level defenses. This is a huge negative for some people. I mean, just look at all those fantastic SEC QB's starting in the NFL that have benefited from it.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• 4 months later...

i know there was a more recent Nassib thread but couldn't find it via search. So sorry for the old thread bump.

No worries. I'm the Nassib fan that bumped the last thread. :lol:

Plus, this thread will quickly be pushed down by the 17 new EJ sucks threads and polls started tomorrow.

While we are at it, why don't we go ahead and trade Mario for Skelton?

Oh, he's a free agent now? Why don't we cut Mario to make cap room for Skelton?

Seriously, if we are going to make a trade at this point in the off season, it needs to be someone who has proven success. Unfortunately those types of qbs are rarely available. The best we can hope for is Big Ben going out and raping a college girl, he gets cut, and sexy rexy claims him to give him his second chance. Whaley was right, we are in QB pergatory, with no end in sight. My heart has been pulling for EJ to make things click this year. While he hasn't done anything to completely blow it, he hasn't shown that he can consistently lead either. I think TT gets the nod, and maybe, just maybe, our offense is gimicky enough to make some magic happen this season. I hate to see this roster rot because of one position

Is this seriously a thread? Nassib may turn out to be OK, but why would the Bills need to consider him, at this time?

its an old Nassib thread. Just bumped because apparently he wants to leave the NYG for a chance to play somewhere next year. I have literally no opinion on him as I have never seen him play even in college. But I knew others had interest in him. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think next year the Bills should be able to get a good QB for not a lot of cash !

There are more than one fairly good prospects out there that either have started or have shown they have what it takes to coaches to be a NFL starter !

Mettenberger is one that has & will want to start, A.J. McCarron is another that is getting a lot of praise from coaches in Cinci as to how good he is doing in camp .

Alls that guy ever did was win & was sitting there for the taking last year, why not take a flyer on him :doh: ??

Kirk Cousins & to some extent Colt McCoy might even be a pick up, of course unless the injury & terrible play of RG3 will cause them to move on ?

And as aggressive as Whaley is it wouldn't surprise me if he made a bold move if EJ is just tossed aside & use him as part of a trade for a QB in waiting !!!

I think next year the Bills should be able to get a good QB for not a lot of cash !

There are more than one fairly good prospects out there that either have started or have shown they have what it takes to coaches to be a NFL starter !

Mettenberger is one that has & will want to start, A.J. McCarron is another that is getting a lot of praise from coaches in Cinci as to how good he is doing in camp .

Alls that guy ever did was win & was sitting there for the taking last year, why not take a flyer on him :doh: ??

Kirk Cousins & to some extent Colt McCoy might even be a pick up, of course unless the injury & terrible play of RG3 will cause them to move on ?

And as aggressive as Whaley is it wouldn't surprise me if he made a bold move if EJ is just tossed aside & use him as part of a trade for a QB in waiting !!!

Getting tired of this argument. Winning in a top college program doesn't make you an NFL QB. Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, Tebow......should I go on......?

how about Eli, instead . . . the Giants can keep Nassib

Not that it should matter to the Bills, but Nassib is having a pretty good game, tonight. I know, it's against the Jag's second string. But he is moving in the pocket, escaping the rush, throwing mostly bullets on the run. Fairly impressive tonight. Good for him.

Not that it should matter to the Bills, but Nassib is having a pretty good game, tonight. I know, it's against the Jag's second string. But he is moving in the pocket, escaping the rush, throwing mostly bullets on the run. Fairly impressive tonight. Good for him.

His receivers didn't do him any favors on some nice tough throws he made either. I believe there were about 3 or 4 dropped catchable balls.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall