LaCanfora - Fins best Positioned to Knock Off Pats

Jason La Canfora has a piece today saying that in the AFC arms race the Dolphins are in the best position to take down the Pats as the division champs (but still says NE is by far the class of the division).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25114104/in-afc-east-arms-race-dolphins-look-most-ready-to-challenge-pats

I'll admit I'm a homer with bias, but I don't see how Miami got much better than last season - they lost 4 of their top 6 receivers and gained a nice TE who has injury problems. Suh is nice to have, but he can't be your entire defense. I they do seem to have the best QB not named Brady, but who's he throwing to and who is running the ball?

I think the Jets have made some decent moves and will have a solid defense - I see them ahead of Miami.

Everyone points out the obvious - the Bills lack a QB - but we went 9-7 last year and have gotten better in the offseason - with a QB is capable, not spectatcular, I think we improve on that 9-7 and contend. Just really don't know how Miami is best positioned to challenge....

Edited by The Avenger

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They shed a ton of players. Does adding one player make their defense better, especially when they created a ton of holes? Not to mention the turnover in their WR corps, and the fact that they downgraded their TE position.

La Canfora didn't get one thing right this whole off-season. All he did was criticize the Bills for spending too much money. Wouldn't worry about anything he writes.

Comes down to qb play

and offensive line, defense....etc

La Canfora didn't get one thing right this whole off-season. All he did was criticize the Bills for spending too much money. Wouldn't worry about anything he writes.

and offensive line, defense....etc

If we had better qb play last year we make the playoffs

I think the line has improved plus better coaching but had the qb play ....we will find out

Ps laconfora is a tool I have him blocked on Twitter such a douche

Edited by mikemac2001

Until you do, you can't. I suppose that kind of logic is being applied here. The Bills have mad some strong movies and we're not to April yet. Hopefully they pay off and new ones are made to solidify the line. Could be a very fun season, could also be very exasperating. I'm hoping for the former.

Jason La Canfora has a piece today saying that in the AFC arms race the Dolphins are in the best position to take down the Pats as the division champs (but still says NE is by far the class of the division).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25114104/in-afc-east-arms-race-dolphins-look-most-ready-to-challenge-pats

I'll admit I'm a homer with bias, but I don't see how Miami got much better than last season - they lost 4 of their top 6 receivers and gained a nice TE who has injury problems. Suh is nice to have, but he can't be your entire defense. I they do seem to have the best QB not named Brady, but who's he throwing to and who is running the ball?

I think the Jets have made some decent moves and will have a solid defense - I see them ahead of Miami.

Everyone points out the obvious - the Bills lack a QB - but we went 9-7 last year and have gotten better in the offseason - with a QB is capable, not spectatcular, I think we improve on that 9-7 and contend. Just really don't know how Miami is best positioned to challenge....

These are good points, but I'm going to harp on one thing (again): The Bills were really 8-8 team last year, not a 9-7 team. If the final game had meant anything to the Pats, barring an act of god they would have annihilated the Bills.

I love how all the "experts" say, "You don't win games in March"..."The Division isn't won in Free Agency" and then a team like the Dolphins "wins" b/c of splash factor and they're ready to anoint them the next dynasty...w...t.....f?! Hey, I have no idea what all the changes for the BILLS will mean, hopefully a championship, but for now, I'm content with believing they've gotten better and until the Pats are taken down, they're still the Division and Super Bowl champs (ouch, that hurts to write), but promoting one team over another at THIS point, is lunacy!

People have been writing columns for the last ten or so offseasons declaring that "Team X" is best positioned to knock off the Pats, and every single one of them has been wrong. At some point, it will happen -- and I very much think that what the Bills have been doing this year gives them as good a chance as anyone -- but generally have a hard time putting much weight in these lame opinion pieces (LaCanfora is particularly bad).

The Dolphins have clearly taken a step back IMO. I don't know wth LaCanfora is talking about. We and the Jets have made more moves to upgrade our respective teams than the Dolphins have.