Rivers in 2016?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they let him go but if they do we should be all over him. Hopefully the fins let Tannehill go and he comes to his rightful place on the Bills

He won't re-sign cause he doesn't want to move to LA with his wife and 7 kids. What makes you think he would move to BUFFALO?

Winning, the best owner in the biz, Buffalo is a small place unlike LA and might appeal to him, plus he can go hunting with Mario :thumbsup:

He won't re-sign cause he doesn't want to move to LA with his wife and 7 kids. What makes you think he would move to BUFFALO?

Rivers doesn’t rule out playing in Los Angeles should the Chargers move there, but there are more appealing cities to a family that has never strayed from its Southern roots.

maybe he doesn't like BIG cities ?

i think what Rivers can't/won't say is his dislike for management/ownership and the direction of the organization. he covets free agency.

having said that, SD will almost cetainly Franchise tag him in 2016 for about $20 mil

Edited by papazoid

He won't sign a new contract with San Diego because there's a possibility they're going to relocate to Los Angeles and he doesn't want to pick his family up and move them two hours north of where they are. Soooooooooo, he'll be fantastically motivated to move them to Western NY.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

Yup. If any of them make it to UFA of course.

I hear there is a crazy wealthy owner up in Buffalo handing out fat contracts. Just saying. There are a lot of QBs conning up for deals in 2016. One or two are bound to test the waters.

Besides, Tyrod Taylor will emerge as our starter. :D

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's been reported Rivers wants to get back to his southern roots. We've become a transplant team for guys from Alabama/NC State (SEC & ACC country). I don't think it's unrealistic to see Rivers enjoying it in Buffalo. Houston or Tennessee might be our competition, but most teams in that portion of the country are set at QB.

Offer EJ, our 2nd and a conditional '16 pick for Rivers.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

He won't sign a new contract with San Diego because there's a possibility they're going to relocate to Los Angeles and he doesn't want to pick his family up and move them two hours north of where they are. Soooooooooo, he'll be fantastically motivated to move them to Western NY.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

His options will be retire or relocate. I don't think that it is unrealistic to think that he selects relocate.

The Chargers may tag him but if he decides that he does not want to go to LA they may look to the trade market. I would think that Rivers will threaten retirement if traded to certain places so that he can dictate where he goes.

Rivers doesnt rule out playing in Los Angeles should the Chargers move there, but there are more appealing cities to a family that has never strayed from its Southern roots.

maybe he doesn't like BIG cities ?

i think what Rivers can't/won't say is his dislike for management/ownership and the direction of the organization. he covets free agency.

having said that, SD will almost cetainly Franchise tag him in 2016 for about $20 mil

why do you think he dislikes the management and ownership?

Orchard Park has a good school system and Clarence and Williamsville are among the best in the state. someone send him a brochure. he's from Alabama and went to school in NC. I wonder if he would favor a team in the south? the schools down there are terrible but that's what he's used to so maybe he wants to be closer to "home"

Orchard Park has a good school system and Clarence and Williamsville are among the best in the state. someone send him a brochure. he's from Alabama and went to school in NC. I wonder if he would favor a team in the south? the schools down there are terrible but that's what he's used to so maybe he wants to be closer to "home"

I'm not sure that a poor school system is going to impact a guy that has made $100M. There are elite schools everywhere if you can afford it.

I'm not sure that a poor school system is going to impact a guy that has made $100M. There are elite schools everywhere if you can afford it.

agreed, just trying to make a case for Buffalo (as if we ever had a shot) :lol:

agreed, just trying to make a case for Buffalo (as if we ever had a shot) :lol:

I would think that the Bills shot may be like Denver with Manning. If Rivers is forced to relocate anyways does he want the chance to chase a championship? The Bills probably present him with the best opportunity. You will have to trade for him almost certainly but how could you not if presented with the opportunity?

THIS~ I read the article and came away with the exact same thought. If the guy doesn't care to relocate to LA from San Diego then why on earth would the man want to move his family across the country to a city known for its bad weather?

Then, so far the Bills only signing for the O line is with a mental patient who may relapse at any minute! Pears is now in SF! (thank the lord)