Rivers in 2016?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the scenarios the front office is building towards. If not Rivers, another veteran QB who's hungry for a ring and wants to come to a loaded roster.

But Rivers fits the ... bill ... better than the other options.

Seems obvious to tag him next year, if needed. At 20m it's well worth it to have him his first year in a new city.

True but I could see Rivers as the type of guy that would retire out in that situation. I wouldn't say that it is likely but he could try to force their hand a la Adrian Peterson.

I've said a few times that I would not be surprised if Rivers would be made available this offseason since he is in the last year of his contract and is closer to the end of his career then the beginning.

He may be easier to get now in a trade then waiting until next year in free agency especially with SD not really considered a serious playoff contender.

I've said a few times that I would not be surprised if Rivers would be made available this offseason since he is in the last year of his contract and is closer to the end of his career then the beginning.

He may be easier to get now in a trade then waiting until next year in free agency especially with SD not really considered a serious playoff contender.

Shh! Don't jinx it! ;)