Rivers in 2016?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rivers at essentially 37k currently, in2 fewer years, might land at about 50k yards in the end. He has 5 probowls already. And neither has won a ring.

There's an argument to be made there for rivers being ahead of mcnabb, but you really dislike him.

I don't really dislike him (or particularly like McNabb), but nowadays, a HOF QB has to distinguish himself in the post season. All the yards and how fast you get them will have less and less meaning as the years go by and the definition of "a lot of passing yards" keeps moving up.

Rivers is a regular season stud, post season dud. Ryan will have the same career--padding the stats until the post season. Rivers just doesn't stand out for anything in particular in today's NFL. That excludes a guy from the HOF in my opinion.

As I started with, he would need to at least appear as a starter in a championship game.

As I started with, he would need to at least appear as a starter in a championship game.

He did. In the 2007 AFC Championship game and played the whole game with a torn ACL. I don't think McNabb getting to a more Championship games and a Superbowl immediately propels him above Rivers. Ultimately I don't think either are HOF worthy - McNabb isn't and is done. Rivers isn't and still has some chance to change that, but to suggest that there is no argument for Rivers over McNabb is misguided. It is an arguable point for me.