[closed]Charles Clay to Bills? - the sequel/trilogy

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jerks, but we'd be applauding OBD if the roles were reversed. This TE situation is really a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if Gresham was the next TE.

I'm sure the Bills understood it wouldn't be easy when they decided to take on the transition tag.

Jerks, but we'd be applauding OBD if the roles were reversed. This TE situation is really a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if Gresham was the next TE.

Maybe, but there is an element of machismo about Miami's actions that jives with a good business sense, unless they really intend to use both Cameron and Clay. But that's a lot of coin to invest in the TE position for a team that just took on the Suh contract and has to worry about next year's QB contract.

Who cares what Miami says they are going to do. Sign the deal for what you value him, if they match, congrats on paying Cameron & Clay $15 mil a year, if they don't then we get Clay.

Clay is a nice player, he'd upgrade our team, but we seem to be feeding into Miami making this a ridiculous situation. I don't think Clay is the difference between the playoffs or not for us, offer the guy his value and move on to the next move.

Who cares what Miami says they are going to do. Sign the deal for what you value him, if they match, congrats on paying Cameron & Clay $15 mil a year, if they don't then we get Clay.

Clay is a nice player, he'd upgrade our team, but we seem to be feeding into Miami making this a ridiculous situation. I don't think Clay is the difference between the playoffs or not for us, offer the guy his value and move on to the next move.

I don't think there's that much to read into it...Buffalo was patient enough to not make their move until they knew the situation, and now they know, so expect them to make their move.

So my understanding of the process with the tag in place:

• Clay can sign his tender from Miami or he can solicit offers from other teams
  • Clay can only present one to Miami. This offer does not have to be > the $7 million tender.
  • Miami has 5 days to match offer or not
  • If they do, that is his new contract with Miami
  • If they do not, that is his new contract with the offering team

Right?