A couple of 'Nuggets' from Tim Graham on Twitter.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is gone regardless who they bring in.

We are not taking a 2.7 mill cap hit to see if there is anything left.

We noticed a huge decline last year and that will continue.

He should avoid the perception of disrespect and just retire.

Imo

For a 26-year season ticket holder looking in, that perception of disrespect is real. I'm concerned it may be the attitude of the Bills' management. You could try to be a bit less...blunt when you post things like this, especially if you represent or have close ties to the organization. No one wants to see Fred Jackson treated like a mere spent commodity, even if that's the reality (and I'm not sure that's completely the case). I hope the team can find a way to handle the situation with class and some humility.

I would hate, hate, hate if Fred Jackson is released. If it were me I would keep him and his 2.7m contract.

That said, with Shady, Boobie and Bryce, is Fred worth 2.7m if we are trying to add a bunch of established veteran FA. Probably not.

The real question, and it's something I haven't the slightest idea of, is how much monetary value does having Fred Jackson on your team, in your locker room and on the sidelines give you. I don't think anyone in the world could put a number on it. It could be zero. It could be a million or two, I really have no idea.

If Fred is gone are we a weaker team on the field? With the amount of plays Shady is going to have this season, we're probably not much weaker. Will be a lesser team because of his leadership? In some ways, yes.

I think I would keep him. If his contract the difference between him and Bilal Powell I would surely keep him. If his contract is the difference between getting Beluga or Clay or Iupati (meaning we could afford 8m instead of 6 and couldn't get him without the Fred cut, I guess I would let him go. I'd try to find those 2m elsewhere though.

For a 26-year season ticket holder looking in, that perception of disrespect is real. I'm concerned it may be the attitude of the Bills' management. You could try to be a bit less...blunt when you post things like this, especially if you represent or have close ties to the organization. No one wants to see Fred Jackson treated like a mere spent commodity, even if that's the reality (and I'm not sure that's completely the case). I hope the team can find a way to handle the situation with class and some humility.

+1

I'd offer Fred a job Coaching RBs and over pay him

That's actually a great idea, or even say hey, if you want to play a year or two on another team, as long as it is not the Patriots we have a job waiting for you. If for some reason we love our RB coach at the time, we give him a foolish front office job.

Maybe I missed spoke. I probably should have used the unknown instead of turmoil. Sorry boys, I guess I was a little sloppy, I was walking through the mall when I was reading some of Graham's tweets.

no problem...

Imo

Leroi no offense but who is "we"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? If you're speaking your opinion why not use "I" If you're speaking for a source, why the "imo" made to look like lmo?

Fred was still getting 3.7 ypa last year which moves the chain and is more than Bryce Brown at 3.5 ypa and wow, Bilal Powell's 9.4 YPG are just so impressive (not).

The Bills had a league-basement run game last year, so it's hard to tell how much was Fred falling off.

I do understand about the cap hit and have thought myself Fred might be a cap casualty, but if he thinks he can still play why would he retire? He's got a family, if he wants to try to play somewhere else good luck to him.

I still enjoy watching film clips of Fred blocking. I don't care who it is, "sonned". Can Bilal Powell do that?

He ran for 150 against us about 18 months ago

And started 1 game last year

I would not cut Freddie at all. He is a great back. We will need him if McCoy gets banged up or isn't having a good game.

You can always count on Fred to one in and churn out the tough yards. I guess we may never see whatfreddie can do with a good OL. He would be very special if he had those opportunities.

Just 3+ hours ago he said from a knowledgable source that the Hughes/Bills situation will come to a head today. The second thing he tweeted is that you can be assured that Fred Jackson is monitoring the Bilal Powell reports closely.

I must say, the way that he words things gives me the feeling that he actually is reveling in the Bills' turmoil, especially with Fred, like he's enjoying it too much. I guess the TSW must have really pissed him off, not bowing down to his journalistic leading reports.

Tim Graham = Leroi?

Even if Fred is released - there's no "turmoil".

but sadness YES

we're still waiting for your EJ trade / cut move to happen.

Please keep us informed

Please enlighten us - was the decline in respect to performance or touches?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It is pretty obvious that Leroi has sources.....

I think that people's love for Freddie (and am in in that club) are causing feelings to be worn on their sleeve

It is absolutely possible that the bills feel Fred is long in the tooth

Why do you think he has sources? He comes across more like a racetrack tout to me.

Just 3+ hours ago he said from a knowledgable source that the Hughes/Bills situation will come to a head today. The second thing he tweeted is that you can be assured that Fred Jackson is monitoring the Bilal Powell reports closely.

I must say, the way that he words things gives me the feeling that he actually is reveling in the Bills' turmoil, especially with Fred, like he's enjoying it too much. I guess the TSW must have really pissed him off, not bowing down to his journalistic leading reports.

LOL. He is a reporter! Of course he loves when news is happening. It his job to report all news and be the first to do it, good or bad.

LOL. He is a reporter! Of course he loves when news is happening. It his job to report all news and be the first to do it, good or bad.

I realize that. What I was saying that he seems to enjoy it a bit too much. Maybe it's only me but the tweet about Fred struck me a bit callous.

After the McCoy trade I thought that this may happen at the end of training camp. To hear that time table accelerated is not that big of a surprise if it happens. It will certainly be a sad day when he is released but it happens to all players. As Bills fans we just aren't used to seeing a player be here long enough to lose his effectiveness due to age. Freddie has been a great representative of the Bills but age is certainly catching up to him.

To me this should be viewed as a good thing. The Buffalo Bills are doing everything they can to win. Think about how many of you have bemoaned the pats* and how they stay good for so long. A big part of that success is BB not being afraid to cut the cord with players that have been great for the organization or fan favorites. Eventually, no matter how much of a fan favorite, or how much of a good guy, it is time to cut the cord.

I realize that. What I was saying that he seems to enjoy it a bit too much. Maybe it's only me but the tweet about Fred struck me a bit callous.

Some journalists gain attention by writing facts in an accurate and respectful way. Some gain attention by writing things that will induce a response. I guess it all boils down to what each journalist's end-game is.