A couple of 'Nuggets' from Tim Graham on Twitter.

Just 3+ hours ago he said from a knowledgable source that the Hughes/Bills situation will come to a head today. The second thing he tweeted is that you can be assured that Fred Jackson is monitoring the Bilal Powell reports closely.

I must say, the way that he words things gives me the feeling that he actually is reveling in the Bills' turmoil, especially with Fred, like he's enjoying it too much. I guess the TSW must have really pissed him off, not bowing down to his journalistic leading reports.

Give me a break. Another completely contrived post grasping at straws to try and throw a local media member under the bus. I am not a big Tim Graham fan either but to say he is deriving pleasure from the possibility of Fred Jackson getting cut? Are you kidding me?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that some people are missing is that Fred Jackson is still the second best running back on our roster right now. Why cut your 2nd best option? Sure, he is on the downside of his career. However, he showed that he can still play last season. He may hit the wall at any point, and no longer be productive but guys at the level of Bryce Brown or Bilal Powell can be picked up at any the time. Fred has shown to be far more productive than either one, so why get rid of him for guys like that? I feel like I'm one of the few people on this board who isn't in love Doug Whaley. We all know Whaley loves Bryce Brown since no one else would have made that trade in the entire league. If this happens I might begin to be more vocal with my concerns about his ability to construct a winning team. It would be extra painful when we see Fred take on a big role in expanding the Patriots offense, but he wasn't good enough to play with Dougie and Matt Casell.

The thing that some people are missing is that Fred Jackson is still the second best running back on our roster right now. Why cut your 2nd best option? Sure, he is on the downside of his career. However, he showed that he can still play last season. He may hit the wall at any point, and no longer be productive but guys at the level of Bryce Brown or Bilal Powell can be picked up at any the time. Fred has shown to be far more productive than either one, so why get rid of him for guys like that? I feel like I'm one of the few people on this board who isn't in love Doug Whaley. We all know Whaley loves Bryce Brown since no one else would have made that trade in the entire league. If this happens I might begin to be more vocal with my concerns about his ability to construct a winning team. It would be extra painful when we see Fred take on a big role in expanding the Patriots offense, but he wasn't good enough to play with Dougie and Matt Casell.

The Pats can win with any RB ( as they have shown) because of Brady. F Jax may be serviceable on that team. We have bigger needs though, and it's about age and cap space at this point for F Jax. His production last year was about equal with a guy like Powell, who would be cheaper. Can't take this stuff personally, it happens to every player, especially at a position where 30 is considered old.

Don't kill the messenger. This is how Belicheat operates to good effect. It's a bastard of a business. Leroi may make some sense here as this latest FO is all about winning and sticking to a plan for once. It's what we all have been asking for....but just like sausage, it's tough to watch being made. Fred is one of my top ten favorite Bills and I've been a fan since 1963.

To clarify, I have zero problems with his claim to have sources or inside knowledge. However I take issue with anyone making a comment that drips with this much arrogance and condescension.

"He should avoid the perception of disrespect and just retire."

The Pats can win with any RB ( as they have shown) because of Brady. F Jax may be serviceable on that team. We have bigger needs though, and it's about age and cap space at this point for F Jax. His production last year was about equal with a guy like Powell, who would be cheaper. Can't take this stuff personally, it happens to every player, especially at a position where 30 is considered old.

Fredex would kick butt and take names on the Pats. Much better OL, and teams fear Brady which gives them room to run.

I understand the points about age and cap space, but to say Fredex and Powell had "about equal" production last year is B.S.

Powell 33 attempts for 141 yds, 4.3 ypa, 9.4 ypg, 11 receptions of 15 targets, 8.4 ypr, 6.1 ypg. He was a scarcely used backup because he didn't "wow" when he played.

Fred 141 attempts for 525 yds, 3.7 ypa, 37.5 ypg, 66 receptions of 90 targets, 7.6 ypr, 35.8 ypg. He had a down year, was injured and out 2 games, had lower YPA returning from injury.

But even so, he was used 4x as much as Powell running and 6x as much in the passing game. Powell was the 3rd string and the 4th rusher on the Jets.

Fredex would kick butt and take names on the Pats. Much better OL, and teams fear Brady which gives them room to run.

I understand the points about age and cap space, but to say Fredex and Powell had "about equal" production last year is B.S.

Powell 33 attempts for 141 yds, 4.3 ypa, 9.4 ypg, 11 receptions of 15 targets, 8.4 ypr, 6.1 ypg. He was a scarcely used backup because he didn't "wow" when he played.

Fred 141 attempts for 525 yds, 3.7 ypa, 37.5 ypg, 66 receptions of 90 targets, 7.6 ypr, 35.8 ypg. He had a down year, was injured and out 2 games, had lower YPA returning from injury.

But even so, he was used 4x as much as Powell running and 6x as much in the passing game. Powell was the 3rd string and the 4th rusher on the Jets.

which, roughly speaking, sounds like the role we are looking to fill behind mccoy and brown. what you gave is that fred had more volume but powell was more productive per touch and filled the role for our HC last year.

ill agree its not worth arguing "powell was far more productive" given any baseline stats used wouldnt tell the stories for either guy but i also think it would be hard to argue fred is head and shoulders above, like many are.