A couple of 'Nuggets' from Tim Graham on Twitter.

Don't kill the messenger. This is how Belicheat operates to good effect. It's a bastard of a business. Leroi may make some sense here as this latest FO is all about winning and sticking to a plan for once. It's what we all have been asking for....but just like sausage, it's tough to watch being made. Fred is one of my top ten favorite Bills and I've been a fan since 1963.

Well said

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said

regardless of how the 'business" works.

Leroi..has spoken.

its a douchey statement . done in a classless way. as was the EJ comment.

whether an insider or not .

green lightning has made it sound okay and has a realistic perspective. But i dont care for the definitive statements by the original poster

I am thinking the new O coordinator that came from the 49's (can;t recall his name right now)......might not like Bobby Dixon as a runner.....Boobie left SF partly to get a chance to carry the rock......a chance he was not getting out there. So, now the O coordinator follows him to Buffalo. And, although Boobie is a tower of strength on the ST side......maybe he is disrespected on the runner side. I though Boobie was a minimally capable running back this last year.....but, not really a speed threat. So, not sure why this Jets RB is in the conversation.....unless Rex is planning to reconstitute his old gang. Hence, although Fredex's time has come and gone last year, I think Boobie might be also at risk. IMHO...no sources anywhere....

And what has he done since?

consistently averaged 4 ypc

we're talking about our third, may be fourth back, what sort of numbers were you looking for

barbarian (you know, mario for skelton) had never even heard of the guy, he asked a question, he got an answer.

consistently averaged 4 ypc

While at best touching the ball 6 times per game after that break out game against the Bills? And that's why for the 3rd or 4th back, I'd still rather have Freddie.

If it's the cap, it's one thing, but please don't try to rationalize that Powell is better than Freddie.

While at best touching the ball 6 times per game after that break out game against the Bills? And that's why for the 3rd or 4th back, I'd still rather have Freddie.

If it's the cap, it's one thing, but please don't try to rationalize that Powell is better than Freddie.

i wasn't. nobody was.

@ByTimGraham: Name to watch for Bills in free agency: tackle Bryan Bulaga. But they'll have competition for his services.

Wow, that's out of left field. That name is forever tied to the Bills fan draft arguments.

All nice replies - I was simply answering a bills fan that watches every game but didn't know who he was. He was that guy that out of nowhere killed us and BB, who now doesn't know him, was likely cursing a year and a half ago. IE he actually does know him, just not well

I've assumed Fred was in danger ever since Whaley referred to the old staff being "comfortable" with him. Whaley clearly believed in Brown and felt the coaches underutilized him. Now that he has a clear #1 he can get rid of Fred. I just don't think Whaley was a fan.

As for Leroi this coming true will not prove too much. But if EJ is cut that will be definitive. I am not sure why Leroi has the same attitude as Tampa Bob re Fred.

Fred didn't look that bad last year considering the lousy O-line play, he's still one of the best pass blocking rb's in the league, and that was Fred that stiff armed Chris Conte out of his shoes to put the Bears away in the season opener. What has Powell done gained 335 yards a year over the last 4 years with a 3.9 ypc career average. Let him go and watch Belichek grab him up.