Bills, McCoy agree on new 5-yr contract

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But but but shady doesn't want to be here.

This is great news. Expected but still great.

I am excited where this team is going. For the first time in years we have an identity. We are going to run the ball and play good(great) defense. We can finally build a core, continue to draft depth and develop our talent with out having to force the rookies into action too soon. With a few decent FA signings I believe we are set for a playoff run that should last for a long while. For the short term we just need a caretaker at QB while the running game and defense take care of everything. We can slowly bringa younger QB along. Better days are coming.

The fact that McCoy is relatively close to signing a contract after reportedly not wanting to go to Buffalo is a great sign, IMO. It would seem as though the initial shock factor has worn off and he may be coming around. It likely means that he will report when required. Hopefully he plays with a chip on his shoulder and makes sure that the Bills Brass come out looking like geniuses and making sure that the Eagles know the Bills got the better deal for allowing this trade to happen.

I don't understand all the excitement over this news. Just because he's softening his cap hit this year doesn't mean he's taking a pay cut. It means we're committing more years to a rb with a lot of miles on him.

I wonder if Chris Brown had to clear this tweet with Doug? :w00t:

Chris Brown retweeted

Sources tell @FOXSports1 LeSean McCoy and the Bills are close on a new contract. Expected to be agreed to before trade is official Tues.

Chris Brown (as well he shouldn't being a team employee) never puts anything out there that doesn't have OBD approval - or at least his perception of approval.

This is all but complete confirmation - at least from the Bills' perspective.

Edited by BobChalmers