Bills, McCoy agree on new 5-yr contract

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You had to know that they were going to give into McCoy's demands (You know they weren't going to make the trade unless they were willing to) a win win, it keeps him happy and it lowers his cap hit this season.

Edited by billsfan89

I was assuming this was about Colt McCoy...

This front office continues to show time and time again that they know what they're doing.

Well.......Tuel, Kolb, Lewis, EJ, Orton, Cassell not withstanding, perhaps.

This front office continues to show time and time again that they know what they're doing.

Seriously - and all the current activity should be a reminder...

Kiko - who they got with an extra 2nd rounder obtained by trading down to still get the first QB in the draft - nets them Shady McCoy.

Hughes - we're worried about re-signing, but keep him or no, all they gave up to get him for 2 years was a mediocre LB Sheppard. How did that work out? :thumbsup:

Edited by BobChalmers

I don't understand all the excitement over this news. Just because he's softening his cap hit this year doesn't mean he's taking a pay cut. It means we're committing more years to a rb with a lot of miles on him.

:wallbash:

keep the cliches coming...RBs are devalued....dime-a-dozen......

I wonder if Chris Brown had to clear this tweet with Doug? :w00t:

Chris Brown retweeted

Sources tell @FOXSports1 LeSean McCoy and the Bills are close on a new contract. Expected to be agreed to before trade is official Tues.

It shouldnt need to be cleared. Its not tampering.

mcCoy is not a free-agent. And I'm sure he has permission from Philly to git'er done asafp.

I don't understand all the excitement over this news. Just because he's softening his cap hit this year doesn't mean he's taking a pay cut. It means we're committing more years to a rb with a lot of miles on him.

for all the people scared he didn't want to come agreeing to a new contract puts that to rest. And softening a cap hit is also good. What does it matter to you if he doesn't take a pay cut? As long as his cap hit is lower that's all that matters.

@MikeGarafolo: Sources tell @FOXSports1 LeSean McCoy and the Bills are close on a new contract. Expected to be agreed to before trade is official Tues.

Expect our cap space to go up!

How do you know the cap space is going up? Are you reporting this as a fact or just speculating?

It shouldnt need to be cleared. Its not tampering.

mcCoy is not a free-agent. And I'm sure he has permission from Philly to git'er done asafp.

The joke is doug marrone allegedly chose to personally approve social media posts by the team

How do you know the cap space is going up? Are you reporting this as a fact or just speculating?

Logically speaking if McCoy signs an extension his cap number this year should drop significantly from $10M.

Logically speaking if McCoy signs an extension his cap number this year should drop significantly from $10M.

Also the cap went up 10M so if his cap hit is under 10, I'd imagine around 6-7, they are still under the cap by a nice chunk of change..

The salary cap is formulaic and tied to total NFL revenue. NFL revenue rose in 2014 from the prior year, so the cap for 2015 will rise with it.

The salary cap is formulaic and tied to total NFL revenue. NFL revenue rose in 2014 from the prior year, so the cap for 2015 will rise with it.

You're correct but I think he may be talking about the Bills cap regarding McCoys new deal

I've posted an article several times with 155-160m being the projection (12-17m jump next year). We will see.

You're correct but I think he may be talking about the Bills cap regarding McCoys new deal

Wouldn't that simply be common sense? McCoy's contract will pay him about $9.75 million for this season. Left as is, that would be the cap hit for this year. I think his salary for next year is $6.7 million and about $7.5 million or so in 2017. If anyone could say with a straight face that the Bills are going to both pay him more than that AND have a bigger impact to their cap space, I got a bridge to sell them. Right now, only $1 million of his contract is guaranteed. The highest likely scenario is that the Bills give him more guaranteed money, that's spread out over more years such that their cap hit comes down. Heck, I would bet anyone right now that it will be less than $9.75 million.