Miami leading candidate for Suh- update:signing with fish

I find it hilarious that dolphin fans think they're one Suh away from playoff contention. If they lose Clay, who would they have on offense that anyone would be scared of? Tannehill is probably the most overrated QB there is. LaMar Miller, hell I have to think just to remember who he is. Wallace they're trying to get rid of. Stephen Ross pulling a Daniel Snyder bodes very well for rest of the AFC East

Edited by buffalo2218

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Suh a little overrated or have I started drinking too early?

Yes.

@AlbertBreer: As @RapSheet said, Chargers are among number of teams in the mix for Suh. Pricetag could wind up in the $18M/year range, per involved clubs.

Looking from a pure cap standpoint, I would love this. Even with all the cuts so far, and an expected Ellerbe cut for $5.7M,that puts them with an expected cap post draft of $10M. A Suh deal at $18M would mean a cut of a vet, plus letting Odrick walk, plus making a frontloaded Clay deal a poison pill.

Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Houston and Seattle all have advantages in free agency because their state does not charge income tax.

If Suh signs a 100M deal he'll keep a nice extra chunk if he signs in Miami.

Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Houston and Seattle all have advantages in free agency because their state does not charge income tax.

If Suh signs a 100M deal he'll keep a nice extra chunk if he signs in Miami.

Come on, seriously? Compared to Federal Income Tax and sometimes city tax, how many thousands are they going to save against a few million in salary.

...I just got really sad reading that.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

We beat Suh when he was on the #1 defense with better talent around him on the line then the Dolphins had... Not worried.

With a lot of help from FIVE missed.field goals.

he's a force. I dont want to play him twice a year. The perfect raider with his zero class and dirty play. If all he wants is money Oaktown is the place to be.

he's a force. I dont want to play him twice a year. The perfect raider with his zero class and dirty play. If all he wants is money Oaktown is the place to be.

I think you missed the point on that. Missing field goals has what to do with keeping Suh in check?

that guy missed 3, not 5. But the kicker wasn't playing on the DL.

Incognito vs. Suh is the undercard to pacquiai vs. mayweather

favors Suh because he will have endless money set aside for fines. But the crazy train with these two is real.

That will be an interesting matchup. The majority of phish fans are gonna painfully find out Suh and his "tactics" are more detrimental than his contributions. They'll also wonder what happened to their depth players

Edited by buffalo2218

Well I'll be darned. I didn't think they'd be able to make such a massive contract work. Kudos to them. Still, doesn't change a thing. Suh can be a dominant player but in reality, I hope the Fish just overpaid for a headache.

I think he is asking about cap space.

yeah, I know. it's a stupid question. So many comments from fans assuming teams aren't aware of cap implications of contracts they are giving out. It's beyond stupid some of the comments on this board.

So the transition tag just gives the Fish the option to match whatever offers he may get elsewhere correct?? Not picks or anything involved?

I't still a pain though as you have money tied up for what is it 7 to 10 days they have to match? Not sure if it's worth it? Suppose the Bill's could look elsewhere initially at other TE's, if they can't find anyone better, and they've made whatever main moves they plan to make so they pretty much know where they stand money wise , then go after Clay if they don't like any of the other options.

Hello Clay!