Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

For those that like this trade:

Who do you think is better? McCoy or Demarco Murray

DM is younger, led the NFL in rushing with 500 yards more than the next guy, and is the kind of workhorse RB for a ground and pound system. He can run the ball 30 times a game (he averaged 28 and McCoy averaged 19). And the Cowboys are only going to offer him $6 mil per season. McCoy is set to make $10.5 mil this year. Why wouldn't we offer Murray 8 and keep Kiko or use him as trade bait for someone else? We could have had the top RB in the league + Kiko for cheaper than McCoy alone. No wonder the Eagles were happy to give up that salary. Nobody pays this much for RB's anymore and after the Vikings rework Adrian Peterson's contract we are going to have the most expensive RB in the entire NFL. Not to mention he is threatening to hold out unless we sweeten the deal. He will be good but there were better value options to get a RB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No guarantee Murray wants to come here regardless of the money offered. It is a nice scenario but if Murray says no we are without a top RB

They didn't even wait to find out. What was the rush? Eagles would have done the same deal on Tuesday either way. Could have wined and dined Murray this weekend and tried to close the deal before he left like what we did with Mario. I'm going to be depressed when Murray gets a $6 mil contract and then leads the league in rushing again

And I'll be doubly depressed when Kiko makes the Pro Bowl 2-3 times in the next 5 yrs

They didn't even wait to find out. What was the rush? Eagles would have done the same deal on Tuesday either way. Could have wined and dined Murray this weekend and tried to close the deal before he left like what we did with Mario. I'm going to be depressed when Murray gets a $6 mil contract and then leads the league in rushing again

And I'll be doubly depressed when Kiko makes the Pro Bowl 2-3 times in the next 5 yrs

Stock up on the Prozac dude. Seriously.

I'm not sure. Like I said, your scenario makes sense.....

They didn't even wait to find out. What was the rush? Eagles would have done the same deal on Tuesday either way. Could have wined and dined Murray this weekend and tried to close the deal before he left like what we did with Mario. I'm going to be depressed when Murray gets a $6 mil contract and then leads the league in rushing againAnd I'll be doubly depressed when Kiko makes the Pro Bowl 2-3 times in the next 5 yrs

You don't know what others were offering for McCoy. If Bills sit on the trade, good chance McCoy is gone, Murray signs elsewhere and Bills are stuck with Spiller. Btw, no way Murray gets only $6 million

No thanks.

Edited by GG

Why haven't the Bills announced this trade yet. They announced the Cassel deal. I wonder what the hold up is. Could it be Kiko knee or McCoy not wanting to be here?

1. No trades are "official" until the start of the league year, which is Tuesday, March 10.

2. The Cassel deal was announced by the team because both teams approved releasing the information.

3. The McCoy deal was not announced because (apparently) the Eagles requested silence until Tuesday (i.e., it was leaked).

4. Nobody "doesn't want to be here" -- reports to that effect are a useless waste of bandwidth.

5. Trades are generally dependent upon players passing their new team's physical.

DM is younger, led the NFL in rushing with 500 yards more than the next guy, and is the kind of workhorse RB for a ground and pound system. He can run the ball 30 times a game (he averaged 28 and McCoy averaged 19). And the Cowboys are only going to offer him $6 mil per season. McCoy is set to make $10.5 mil this year. Why wouldn't we offer Murray 8 and keep Kiko or use him as trade bait for someone else? We could have had the top RB in the league + Kiko for cheaper than McCoy alone. No wonder the Eagles were happy to give up that salary. Nobody pays this much for RB's anymore and after the Vikings rework Adrian Peterson's contract we are going to have the most expensive RB in the entire NFL. Not to mention he is threatening to hold out unless we sweeten the deal. He will be good but there were better value options to get a RB

Source that McCoy is threatening to hold out? I have not heard that. I have heard that we will re-work his contract. A typical re-work would involve converting some salary to bonus, guaranteeing some money, and perhaps extending a year or two. In other words, it is very unlikely McCoy will count $10M against our cap next year.

What we do will, by the way, influence what Murray and his agent will expect. The Cowboys may not get Murray for $6M/season. And by the way, keep up on the "most expensive RB" thing reference Lynch, Marshawn.

Lastly, I don't think we are looking for "value options" at RB. This trade says we want an established star, game-changing running back and we don't want to risk missing out. Murray may not have wanted to come here, if we wanted him to come here we may have had to back up a bigger Brinks truck than McCoy is currently getting.

Edit: you seem to be bucking for King of the "Bills cant have Nice Things and If They Get One There's Something Wrong With It" club

1. No trades are "official" until the start of the league year, which is Tuesday, March 10.

2. The Cassel deal was announced by the team because both teams approved releasing the information and because it is a player-for-picks trade which can be made now

3. The McCoy deal was not announced because (apparently) the Eagles requested silence until Tuesday (i.e., it was leaked).and because it is a player for player trade which can't be made until next week

4. Nobody "doesn't want to be here" -- reports to that effect are a useless waste of bandwidth.

5. Trades are generally dependent upon players passing their new team's physical.

bolded added

Edited by Hopeful

Why haven't the Bills announced this trade yet. They announced the Cassel deal. I wonder what the hold up is. Could it be Kiko knee or McCoy not wanting to be here?

It is quite possible Whaley contacted Murray's agent who said.......my client is NOT coming to Buffalo.

let the (conspiracy) theories begin

BTW I believe all trades are dependent on physicals, no?

Murray is no where near the back that McCoy is. Just because he had a great year (behind a far superior o line) I guess that is all that people remember. If you asked that question a year ago people would have laughed at you. Shady was a bit banged up early, had a bad o line and had issues with chip. I'll take him every time. Murray also had a all time workload last year, it will be interesting to see how he bounces back.

probably because they don't think they could get him to come here in FA

Murray? Or that they could have gotten him, but they would have had to back up the Brinks truck

Or it could be they really didn't/don't have a plan and Shady just fell in their lap

murray wouldn't have signed here. OL not established and it's buffalo. Maybe if they backed up the brinks truck but I don't think they would have.

let the (conspiracy) theories begin

BTW I believe all trades are dependent on physicals, no?

theres nothing at all to suggest that.

Very possible, indeed.

I didn't think that was allowed until today

Right! ;):rolleyes:

I just love consensus.