Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles were paying McCoy a lot of money, and Kelly grew impatient with his lack of discipline running his inside zone - which he hangs his offense off. it wasn't always on McCoy, but to pay that much for a guy who couldn't consistently hit the hole.. well, i guess that sealed the deal. i think he's an all-round better back than Spiller, and i've read that Roman runs a more traditional power run game that might suit McCoy better - as long as our O-line can trap and pull

Edited by BackInDaDay

That could potentially be true or it could be false. I'm surprised at your negative take on the Bills improving the team.

:lol: :lol:

yards/carry 5.1 to 4.2

total yards 2,146 to 1,474

touchdowns 11 to 5

there is one that's increasing

fumbles/fumbles lost 1/1 to 4/3 ..... oops

only had 2 fewer carries. reduction in yards almost entirely due to declining average per carry

How many of those Philly games did you watch last year? Or how many did you watch while you compiled your stellar analysis? What's that? You watched none? You watched no games because you don't know what the heck you're talking about when you try to analyze stats in a vacuum?

Yeah. That's what I expected. Leave to good ol' JTSP to compile his analysis without watching a single game Shady played last year. If you had, you'd understand there are specific reasons for the decline, namely Chip Kelly's system and the rift between the two. It helps if you know what you're talking about before you wade in. But who am I kidding, you're JTSP, king of the trolls.

Seriously, you're the absolute worst.

At first I was a little upset with the trade. It seems like the Bills continually invest too much in the RB position no? I am happy we have one of the top running backs but if we don't fix the offensive line it won't matter. Also I am concerned about our losses on defense. We have to get to the playoffs this year and that is where Whaley will be judged. Also McCoy will be my first pick in every fantasy draft I can get him in.

A little upset? And JTSP is just a little bit of a troll. But it's good to hear you've come around. :beer:

Ill gladly admit that i thought he was 1, if not 2, years older based on how long hes been productive. leading the league the last 5 years doesnt typically lend itself to being 26, going on 27 this season. I wouldve said going on 28 or 29 if asked at the time of the trade.

All that mileage does give cause for concern. He didn't look like he was slowing down last year, but I'm reminded of L. Tomlinson in his late 20s

declined from 1600 yds rushing to 1300 yds..... horrible.....our leading rusher was what....around 500?

Funny how McCoy is "declining" at 26 but Tom Brady is getting better at 37. <_<

McCoy is a year younger than Spiller, has been in the League a year longer, and has been vastly more productive.

I think it's fair to say that Shady has had the NFL career that most of us thought and hoped CJ would have had to date.

Folks that wanted to retain Spiller... well, we got a better man for the job.

Edited by Nanker

McCoy is a year younger than Spiller, has been in the League a year longer, and has been vastly more productive.

I think it's fair to say that Shady has had the NFL career that most of us thought and hoped CJ would have had to date.

I think that's the point. Bills offered CJ 4.5/yr and he turned it down. Reportedly wants 6. Why pay him 6 when he you can have McCoy? They clearly want to use a RB like this or would not have even offered spiller anything. I think roman wants to use him in the passing game and Brown will utilized as well up the middle and goal line. I think he wants to use McCoy like Gore, and Brown like Hyde. Edited by YoloinOhio

Moreover....I feel very confident that if Spiller had the NFL career Shady has had, we would have paid him and kept him.

I think trading for a higher-priced player while refusing to up our offer to CJ sends the right message to the young players - it's no longer true that Buffalo won't pay you if you do well here, but if you don't live up to expectations, they'll pay someone else and you're gone.

@ChrisTrapasso: Source text: "Bryce Brown is still a sleeper to a lot of people. But not to the #Bills. Whaley's loved him for a while."

Just sayin... They have a plan at RB and Brown is a power back with speed. They have played together before and would be a very good 1-2 punch.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex saw what CJ has done as he's faced him (barring injury) multiple times in the past 5 seasons

the Bills offered him what they thought was adequate.

CJ declined.

So the Bills are moving on to a stud RB

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

he makes more people miss, runs with more power, and is a better receiver.. there's a good chance he's better in pass protection, but so am i ;)

Wait. Are we talking about the same people?

You do realize you are saying Spiller is (or may be) better than LeSean McCoy, right?

CJ never makes anyone miss. He tries to beat them to the corner (often on inside running plays) and sometimes wins. There's not a chance CJ is a better receiver. And when has CJ ever been known as a pass blocker? There's several reasons that CJ is not a 3-down back, and blocking is one of them.

Edited by maddenboy

Eagles were paying McCoy a lot of money, and Kelly grew impatient with McCoy's lack of discipline running Kelly's inside zone - which Kelly hangs Kelly's offense off. it wasn't always on McCoy, but to pay that much for McCoy who couldn't consistently hit the hole.. well, Backindaday guesses that sealed the deal. Backindaday thinks McCoy's an all-round better back than Spiller, and Backindaday read that Roman runs a more traditional power run game that might suit McCoy better - as long as the Buffalo Bills O-line can trap and pull

does this help?

just playin.. we're in agreement on the difference between the two :thumbsup:

McCoy makes more people miss, runs with more power, and is a better receiver.. there's a good chance McCoy's better in pass protection, but so is Backindaday ;)

just in case..

Edited by BackInDaDay

@ProFootballTalk: So much for depressed RB market; LeSean McCoy gets $10.25M, Marshawn Lynch gets $12M, Vikings begging Adrian Peterson to take $12.75M.

Gotta be ahead of the next trend>

Just like Gailey. and i mean that.

The running game is coming back>

and i can tell you why.

most of you folks consider me a fool among us. and thats fair. But i do pay very close attention to the Bills. At least since i have joined here amongst you nincompoops.

When teams have been building their secondaries to defend the pass for years now. Certainly an advantage might be found running between the tackles.

The mismatches can be found when safeties and taller faster LBs are running with these TEs who are crossovers. So the game has been chess matches with alignments and personel. How about a team dedicates itself to getting off the line. everytime. always pushes the scrimmage with just five or six.

invite em to stack it and still move two or three yards.

Maybe i am wishful for mud and snow and turf in the teeth football.

But i think Bills could take advantage, as many team could.

But will it work against Billbo this year?

F the zone run schemes

Gotta be ahead of the next trend>

Just like Gailey. and i mean that.

The running game is coming back>

and i can tell you why.

most of you folks consider me a fool among us. and thats fair. But i do pay very close attention to the Bills. At least since i have joined here amongst you nincompoops.

When teams have been building their secondaries to defend the pass for years now. Certainly an advantage might be found running between the tackles.

The mismatches can be found when safeties and taller faster LBs are running with these TEs who are crossovers. So the game has been chess matches with alignments and personel. How about a team dedicates itself to getting off the line. everytime. always pushes the scrimmage with just five or six.

invite em to stack it and still move two or three yards.

Maybe i am wishful for mud and snow and turf in the teeth football.

But i think Bills could take advantage, as many team could.

But will it work against Billbo this year?

F the zone run schemes

ps i just want to beat Patriots. thats all i want for christmas. every year.

Why haven't the Bills announced this trade yet. They announced the Cassel deal. I wonder what the hold up is. Could it be Kiko knee or McCoy not wanting to be here?

No trades can be made until Monday.

The trade has been agreed to in principle.

They can't announce a trade that hasn't been made.