Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

A sobering analysis of this trade from Adam Schein

Bottom line: may look like a potential "win-win" for both teams, but longer term Eagles are the likely winner. Also the team to watch in FA is the Eagles, but unloading McCoy and Trent Cole, their cap space is up to a whoppping $48 million

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476652/article/lesean-mccoy-for-kiko-alonso-bills-eagles-both-win-for-now

I agree with this. 100%.

But the new Bills are about winning NOW. In the short term, which team is more likely to make a deep run? I'd say the Bills, based on this trade.

After 15 years, i'm tired of rebuilding, stockpiling, building a foundation, etc. Can I win NOW, please?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's smart to do so considering

A. He was traded by a team that didn't want him

B. He was traded to a team that values him a helluva lot more than his previous team

C. Bills have made it clear they plan on taking care of him and providing him more guaranteed money that his contract provided in Philly, and I'm sure was a point on contention with Kelly.

HIs momma didn't raise no dummy.

Bottom line: may look like a potential "win-win" for both teams, but longer term Eagles are the likely winner. Also the team to watch in FA is the Eagles, by unloading McCoy and Trent Cole, their cap space is up to a whoppping $48 million

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476652/article/lesean-mccoy-for-kiko-alonso-bills-eagles-both-win-for-now

I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous article. The Eagles won long term because Schein likes what Chip Kelly is doing in Philadelphia on offense? Marcus Mariota played brilliant in his system and could step in? Really? Philadelphia is picking 20th, its great that Schein just assumea Philly can move up and grab Mariota. Schein voted for Alonso for rookie of the year, so that means Kelly is smart. Lets forget that he just dumped his best defensive player in Trent Cole but don't worry they picked up Alonso, who Schein voted for.

So let me get this straight, Rex is defensive genius with a lot of bravado and trusts in his ability and system. Chip Kelly is a offensive genius with a lot of bravado and trusts in his ability and system. The Bills have no franchise QB, Rex struggles at finding one, apparently. The Eagles don't have a franchise QB and Foles/Sanchez were fairly quickly figured out by opposing defenses but that's ok because Kelly's system works, apparently.

There was another Philly coach who was brilliant with the offense and never could figure out the defense. i'm pretty sure he's working for Kansas City now.

I wouldn't call that analysis sobering at all.

Bottom line: may look like a potential "win-win" for both teams, but longer term Eagles are the likely winner. Also the team to watch in FA is the Eagles, by unloading McCoy and Trent Cole, their cap space is up to a whoppping $48 million

As I noted earlier in this thread (when I referenced this article but did not provide a link because it's a POS), Schein is a buffoon who blows with the wind. Right now he's on the "CHIP KELLY IS A GEEEEEEEEN-IUS" bandwagon -- and he was beating the drum for Rex to be canned in NJ as well. The only surprise about this article is that he gives the Bills any props at all.

How many teams have been built through free agency?

That could potentially be true or it could be false. I'm surprised at your negative take on the Bills improving the team.

That could potentially be true or it could be false. I'm surprised at your negative take on the Bills improving the team.

any forecast of a player move could be ultimately be proven true or false. doesnt that go without saying? or are only "rah-rah bills hit the jackpot!" forecasts allowed? sorry, but some of us may not be overjoyed about swapping a highly promising young LB on rookie contract for a RB with declining production and a very large salary, and may not feel it's a given this improved the team

Edited by JTSP

any forecast of a player move could be ultimately be proven true or false. doesnt that go without saying? or are only "rah-rah bills hit the jackpot!" forecasts allowed? sorry, but some of us may not be overjoyed about swapping a highly promising young LB on rookie contract for a RB with declining production and a very large salary, and may not feel it's a given this improved the team

Some of us care more about winning than a LB on his rookie contract who has a cult following. Best of luck to Kiko. I know that the Bills improved their team with this trade and really, that's all that matters.

declined from 1600 yds rushing to 1300 yds..... horrible.....our leading rusher was what....around 500?

declined from 1600 yds rushing to 1300 yds..... horrible.....our leading rusher was what....around 500?

It's obvious though, his skills are declining and as they say, father time is undefeated. Some will happily shout from the hilltops "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" whenever a move doesn't work out as well as expected & that's what this guy is hoping for IMO.

Shady was also out for 5 games last year.

Edit: sorry not out, injured. Turf toe.

Edited by The Wiz

yards/carry 5.1 to 4.2

total yards 2,146 to 1,474

touchdowns 11 to 5

there is one that's increasing

fumbles/fumbles lost 1/1 to 4/3 ..... oops

Edited by JTSP

yards/carry 5.1 to 4.2

total yards 2,146 to 1,474

touchdowns 11 to 5

there is one that's increasing

his fumbles/fumbles lost 1/1 to 4/3 ..... oops

He was being phased out by Kelly...Sproles was 3rd down receiver and Polk was 3rd down short yardage. You can argue why he wasn't given these opportunities like the previous year but his playing time decreased considerably.

Some of us care more about winning than a LB on his rookie contract who has a cult following. Best of luck to Kiko. I know that the Bills improved their team with this trade and really, that's all that matters.

Not to some, unfortunately.

Who has better odds of being a Super Bowl MVP in the next three years -- Shady or Kiko?

He was being phased out by Kelly...Sproles was 3rd down receiver and Polk was 3rd down short yardage. You can argue why he wasn't given these opportunities like the previous year but his playing time decreased considerably.

only had 2 fewer carries. reduction in yards almost entirely due to declining average per carry