Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was being phased out by Kelly...Sproles was 3rd down receiver and Polk was 3rd down short yardage. You can argue why he wasn't given these opportunities like the previous year but his playing time decreased considerably.

I had heard that too. The number of carries can be the same but the situation / play calling was altered that could explain his lower average.

Did I hear right? He was, in total, the yardage leader the last 2 years ?

based against his BEST season average EVER .

Plus that whole injury thing where he only broke 4ypc in the first 5 weeks once.... Down the stretch he played very well still- despite his OL being beat up and starting QB out

I had heard that too. The number of carries can be the same but the situation / play calling was altered that could explain his lower average.

Did I hear right? He was, in total, the yardage leader the last 2 years ?

Yes but obviously you didn't hear that McCoy is old, declining production, RBs are a dime-a-dozen, has a big salary, RBs are not important anymore........etc

We rushed for 13 yards total last year against one of the worst defenses in the league last year.

That is all.

Welcome, Shady. I love you.

/thread

lol

Shady's theme song in Buffalo should be Hero by the Foo Fighters

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Yes but obviously you didn't hear that McCoy is old, declining production, RBs are a dime-a-dozen, has a big salary, RBs are not important anymore........etc

27 is still "young" I'd be more concerned @ 30. The current salary however is ?? hopefully to be renegotiated

Funny how McCoy is "declining" at 26 but Tom Brady is getting better at 37. <_<

I am not saying McCoy is declining, but let's not pretend that the RB position is the same as the QB position when it comes longevity.

only had 2 fewer carries. reduction in yards almost entirely due to declining average per carry

I would guess that had much more to do with the Eagle's OL issues than with percipitous decline in ability on the part of McCoy.

Why?

At first I was a little upset with the trade. It seems like the Bills continually invest too much in the RB position no? I am happy we have one of the top running backs but if we don't fix the offensive line it won't matter. Also I am concerned about our losses on defense. We have to get to the playoffs this year and that is where Whaley will be judged. Also McCoy will be my first pick in every fantasy draft I can get him in.