Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet the Bills have 6th round pick (Boobie Dixon), a 7th round pick (Bryce Brown) and an undrafted FA (Fred Jackson) who combined last year couldn't top McCoy's production.

But yes, carry on.

None of them got anywhere near the carries McCoy did, and they all played in the vaunted Marrone/Hackett/Orton offense. But yes, carry on.

Now that the initial shock is wearing off there's a few things that I'd like to share. First and foremost for the people who are concerned about the cap hit this might ease some fears. I was listening to Polian on Sirius last night at 8:00 CST, I'm in Louisiana visiting my kids, and while I had to cut his commentary short he was basically explaining that under the new bargaining agreement, I think that's what he was referring to, that there is a salary cap floor that has to be met. The Bills apparently are well below it and HAD to spend to meet it. So for all of those who are worried about Shady's cap hit, don't be, the Bills are just fine.

Secondly I'd like to say is that when I first heard about the trade it made me sick. While I highly respect Shady's abilities I was never impressed with his competitive spirit. I'm old old school and someone who doesn't DEMAND the rock ALL the time isn't my kind of player. I have read him saying in the past, I think 2 years ago?, something to the effect of that, that he was getting the ball too much or that he's alright with coming out of the game and sharing some of the carries. Either way, I'm not a big fan of this type of 'team work'. Whether people agree with me on this or not, I have the right or privledge to feel like this. The other factor I think, and this may apply to others who weren't too thrilled about the trade, is that I guess I got smacked right in the puss with the cold reality of business. The players are more names than people and that's not how I grew up, so I guess that I better grow up.....again. All I want is for this team, this franchise to be great and hopefully even win us a Super Bowl. If this trade helps us do that, or gets us closer to being a strong play-off team than I'm down like 4 flats.

In closing, no matter what anyone wants to think or say about anything that's been going on one thing is for sure and that is whether if it's Whaley, Rex, the Pegulas or whoever, or just collectively, man this franchise sure has some balls the last couple seasons! Wow!

Come on everyone.

Lets be honest.

We didnt miss Alonso last year and now we have an even more brilliant defensive coach that will make our D better than last year.

We traded Alonso back to his old college coach who I am sure has some bias towards him and was willing to trade a top 5 RB (who we sorely need)

Now defenses will have to respect the run and thus takes more pressure oof of our QB

CBF

Apologies if this has been posted already. Reportedly Shady is not happy about the trade and doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Hope that isn't true

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/3/8146225/lesean-mccoy-not-happy-traded-buffalo-bills-block-kiko-alonso

From that article:

"It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. In your mind, when you think of Buffalo you think of cold and losing games. It’s not like it’s the Philadelphia market where you’re always on t.v. and you’re playing for like the division title or that type of thing…It was unexpected. I'll tell you that much."

Isn't that exactly like Philadelphia? Is Philadelphia in California now, it doesn't snow there? Have they been known for winning? How many superbowls do they have? What a weird comment.

Apologies if this has been posted already. Reportedly Shady is not happy about the trade and doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Hope that isn't true

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/3/8146225/lesean-mccoy-not-happy-traded-buffalo-bills-block-kiko-alonso

100% irrelevant. Shady will join the long list of players who "thought" they wouldn't like Buffalo and then fell in love with the city and fan base.

I'm really not sure what to think about this trade. Productive RBs are not that difficult to find, McCoys cap hit seems pretty high for a RB, there are others coming available in FA such as DeMarco Murray, DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson, Peyton Hillis and soon apparently Steven Jackson that would not have cost Alonso. On the other hand, McCoy is still a good RB even if he is starting to decline, and LBs in general aren't that hard to find either. Ultimately I think both teams got what they needed short term. But I suspect long term Philly made out better.

I'm really not sure what to think about this trade. Productive RBs are not that difficult to find, McCoys cap hit seems pretty high for a RB, there are others coming available in FA such as DeMarco Murray, DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson, Peyton Hillis and soon apparently Steven Jackson that would not have cost Alonso. On the other hand, McCoy is still a good RB even if he is starting to decline, and LBs in general aren't that hard to find either. Ultimately I think both teams got what they needed short term. But I suspect long term Philly made out better.

you lost me at Peyton Hillis.

Wut

None of them got anywhere near the carries McCoy did, and they all played in the vaunted Marrone/Hackett/Orton offense. But yes, carry on.

So your logic is that if anyone of them got as many carries as McCoy they would have produced the same numbers? Why is it that they didn't get the same amount of carries?

From that article:

Isn't that exactly like Philadelphia? Is Philadelphia in California now, it doesn't snow there? Have they been known for winning? How many superbowls do they have? What a weird comment.

yeah, but in Philly they are televised apparently. As if Rex won't bring this team TV attention

From that article:

theyve won a heckuva lot more games the last 10-15 years than we have.

Then how come so many teams don't have one?

Are you serious? Johnson, Hillis, or Jackson..? Wow

To equate McCoy to Hillis, Jackson, Williams or Chris Johnson is ludicrous. Murray would cost more salary wise and there's absolutely zero guarantee he'd come here.