Chicago Bears - Jay Cutler available?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with our d and cutlers offensive prowess we could do real damage, anyone who wouldnt want him and would rather stick to a guy that can barely throw 15 tds in a season is kidding themselves. get cutler and let ej learn from a guy not afraid to sling it!

Cutler and Rex could never co-exist. Cutler is a mamby pamby pouter not to mention a turnover machine.

@AroundTheNFL: Pace: "Cutler has outstanding physical talent. There's no denying that." Pace and Fox want to "figure out him as a person."

@AndrewSiciliano: New Bears GM Ryan Pace won't call Jay Cutler his starting QB: "We're going to take our time on this."

What are they going to do, give him Myers-Briggs test? Will they trade, cut him or make him a really expensive backup? Who else are they going to find?

Maybe they rebuild completely? They certainly need to in defense and have mentioned moving on from Marshall. All new staff and FO.

Inquiring minds want to know.

At a guess, they will try to get him to renegotiate his contract. If they succeed, he becomes both more desirable to keep as part of a QB competition and more possible to trade.

If he stands pat, I THINK he doesn't have much dead money to them - maybe only $1M. Snipsnippetysnip? They draft 7th and could presumably move up a few slots.

Day 1 of the draft will be entertaining from a spectator POV

He will end up starting because there are only terrible Qbs out there. But he is not a franchise qb and shouldn't be treated like one.

All the tools in the world with a pea size brain. Lets groom manuel, bring in Hoyer or Moore and draft one mid round. Pass on Cutler dudes a cancer too.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. If Chicago does not want Cutler, they should be offering something to the team willing to trade for him. His salary is ridiculous for what he is shown he can do. If they cut him, they will take a huge cap hit. So their best option is to trade him but no one will want to carry his salary so they better sweeten the pot. Maybe offer Forte with Cutler or second round pick.

Edited by offyourocker

You guys are looking at this all wrong. If Chicago does not want Cutler, they should be offering something to the team willing to trade for him. His salary is ridiculous for what he is shown he can do. If they cut him, they will take a huge cap hit. So their best option is to trade him but no one will want to carry his salary so they better sweeten the pot. Maybe offer Forte with Cutler or second round pick.

I would take Cutler and a 4th (we don't have a 4th this year). Draft his replacement with the 4th we receive.

i think if there is a chance to get Cutler then we have to do it. he's a bonehead but i think Rex and the other captains will keep him in line. he's just as talented as a Matt Stafford or Phillip Rivers imo if he plays at his potential and doesn't get into a rut and start pouting. if we had him we are in the playoffs so why not take a shot on him?

Claussen is a FA. The only other QB they have is David Fales.

I inquired in another thread if anyone saw Clausen's last game with CHI after Cutler was benched. He threw with zip into tight windows & generally surprised me with his game. Perhaps a couple of years on the bench did him some good.

Then tampa or tennesee ends up with no qb...one of those two would move back to 20 where they would have no qb and basically would tank next season.

TB needs a QB. I don't think that TN does. Mettenberger looked pretty good.

i think if there is a chance to get Cutler then we have to do it. he's a bonehead but i think Rex and the other captains will keep him in line. he's just as talented as a Matt Stafford or Phillip Rivers imo if he plays at his potential and doesn't get into a rut and start pouting. if we had him we are in the playoffs so why not take a shot on him?

A lot of QBs with strong arms, like Cutler, are way over rated. Guys like Cousins, Hoyer, Moore etc will win you more games imho.

I'm not disagreeing with this point... but in my mind Kromer being the OL coach and not OC or QB coach would lessen the automatic thought that Cutler wouldn't come here just because of Kromer.

if he's traded, he wouldn't have a choice. But I think it's more the other side of the coin. Kromer seems to dislike his attitude and thinks he sucks, so I'm sure he would make that known to the decision makers of they are getting ready to trade valuable picks and take on a big contract for him.

I inquired in another thread if anyone saw Clausen's last game with CHI after Cutler was benched. He threw with zip into tight windows & generally surprised me with his game. Perhaps a couple of years on the bench did him some good.

TB needs a QB. I don't think that TN does. Mettenberger looked pretty good.

A lot of QBs with strong arms, like Cutler, are way over rated. Guys like Cousins, Hoyer, Moore etc will win you more games imho.

You have to be kidding.

People say tha but Cutler has played on good teams with top 5 defenses before both under Shanahan in Denver and Lovie in Chicago and he has made the playoffs once in his whole career. This idea that he guarantees play-offs for this team is a fallacy.