Chicago Bears - Jay Cutler available?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that matters how? The Bills need to look long term not 1 year possibilities.

This is EJ's third "year" in Buffalo. He's not had the opportunity to learn and play the game under the Maroon Marrone.

it's this season or never for EJ.

I think looking long term this offseason at QB is like looking for a corner in a round room. I'd like to get anyone who is serviceable now to take advantage of our strength everywhere else, and take the time during this stopgap to look into long term options as they become available. Cutler has turnover problems, but with more limited attempts maybe things would work out.

I think looking long term this offseason at QB is like looking for a corner in a round room. I'd like to get anyone who is serviceable now to take advantage of our strength everywhere else, and take the time during this stopgap to look into long term options as they become available. Cutler has turnover problems, but with more limited attempts maybe things would work out.

only if you are in the dark. You and others can't let Maroons' whacko offense / not learning approach sour EJ's play

I'm not guaranteeing anything WRT to EJ, but I saw flashes where he could play well.

with luck he can lead this team deep. If not he'll still get them 9 wins like Orton did. and if he's still ????? then they can dump him in hos 4th year

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

only if you are in the dark. You and others can't let Maroons' whacko offense / not learning approach sour EJ's play

I'm not guaranteeing anything WRT to EJ, but I saw flashes where he could play well.

with luck he can lead this team deep. If not he'll still get them 9 wins like Orton did. and if he's still ????? then they can dump him in hos 4th year

My statement was regarding others available out there. I think Roman's system could be quite good for building EJ's confidence and workload at a proper rate

and that matters how? The Bills need to look long term not 1 year possibilities.

This is EJ's third "year" in Buffalo. He's not had the opportunity to learn and play the game under the Maroon Marrone.

it's this season or never for EJ.

I've heard of chlamydia but it doesn't mean that I want it...

And neither do I. I'm just joshing you guys. No way I want Cutler as a Bill. But we know some do because...well I'm not sure why.

Haha. I bet he can throw a football over a mountain.

And really that's all that matters. Not leadership skills or turnovers.

Football is simple. You start at your 5 and get 9 lineman to protect him then you get one speedster to run downfield and Jay throws it 65 yards in the air to him and BOOM. Touchdown. Every time. It works for me in madden.

@AroundTheNFL: Pace: "Cutler has outstanding physical talent. There's no denying that." Pace and Fox want to "figure out him as a person."

@AndrewSiciliano: New Bears GM Ryan Pace won't call Jay Cutler his starting QB: "We're going to take our time on this."

What are they going to do, give him Myers-Briggs test? Will they trade, cut him or make him a really expensive backup? Who else are they going to find?

Maybe they rebuild completely? They certainly need to in defense and have mentioned moving on from Marshall. All new staff and FO.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well for one thing, since when is it the GM's business to name a starting QB? Isn't that the coach's job?

Well for one thing, since when is it the GM's business to name a starting QB? Isn't that the coach's job?

Fox was asked first and said the same. Pace is new as well and is in process of evaluating the roster so was asked about it in his presser after Fox. They seem in lockstep on Cutler.

Fox was asked first and said the same. Pace is new as well and is in process of evaluating the roster so was asked about it in his presser after Fox. They seem in lockstep on Cutler.

Ah well, if Fox said it.

Cutler is like a millstone around a new coach and GM's neck. He's gobbling up far too much of the salary cap to keep as a backup, but who else have they got?

Bills would be better off trying to grab a young guy with some potential like Glennon than Cutler. Cutler is Jeff George 2.0.

I'd be all for "grabbing" Glennon, but we do realize he's the only NFL-level QB on the Bucs roster right now, yes? He's not up for grabs. Who and what do you think they want for him?

Not what you want to give, what the Bucs will ask in a sellers QB market

Ah well, if Fox said it.

Cutler is like a millstone around a new coach and GM's neck. He's gobbling up far too much of the salary cap to keep as a backup, but who else have they got?

I'd be all for "grabbing" Glennon, but we do realize he's the only NFL-level QB on the Bucs roster right now, yes? He's not up for grabs. Who and what do you think they want for him?

Not what you want to give, what the Bucs will ask in a sellers QB market

lovie was (not unexpectedly) talking up Glennon today at his presser. General consensus was he was trying to drive trade value up, but said he was their starter "right now." Well - he kinda has to be, Lovie, "right now"

When you have a $15m player that's benched the GM is part of the decision process in the offseason

yeah, Cutler is a problem for Pace right now with that contract. It's his ship completely, he controls all of football ops. I have a feeling he'd like to start over at that position even if it means having to find a new guy and looking at a couple year rebuild. But he'd have to find someone to take him off his hands; my guess is he would find a trade partner. Then sign mccown and draft a guy, use Cutlers money to rebuild on D and move fwd. Maybe they draft high next year as they rebuild, and take their QB then. Hang onto Jeffery, cut Marshall. Edited by YoloinOhio

lovie was (not unexpectedly) talking up Glennon today at his presser. General consensus was he was trying to drive trade value up, but said he was their starter "right now." Well - he kinda has to be, Lovie, "right now"

yeah, Cutler is a problem for Pace right now with that contract. It's his ship completely, he controls all of football ops. I have a feeling he'd like to start over at that position even if it means having to find a new guy and looking at a couple year rebuild. But he'd have to find someone to take him off his hands; my guess is he would find a trade partner. Then sign mccown and draft a guy, use Cutlers money to rebuild on D and move fwd. Maybe they draft high next year as they rebuild, and take their QB then. Hang onto Jeffery, cut Marshall.

I heard there's some team with $30 million in cap space and a QB away from a run.

This makes sense. It seems to that they want to sign mccown, maybe draft a guy in the mid rounds (like a Sean Mannion) and trade Cutler so they can use that money to start rebuilding the D. Depends where Pace and Fox are in the mindset of the state of the team.

With how much money they have tied up in Cutler, it's gonna be a long time til the Bears can rebuild any other part of the team. McCown very well could be at the very least competition for a QB from the draft if Cutler got shipped off. But for them to do a complete rebuild on one side of the ball, they'll never be able to with Cutler's crazy inflated contract.

Edited by buffalo2218