Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was he playing against when he made those throws? Would those throws have been as successful against a Revis, Sherman, Cromartie, Gilmore? He was a great college QB, but I don't see what you see. I'm open to being wrong though. If they brought him in, fine. I would hope he does what you believe he can.

The only reason I brought up Kellen Moore's name is because people were starting to tout Tyrod Taylor and I was like...huh???? I know next to nothing about college football, but I can look at their college stats and come to the conclusion that Kellen Moore is many times a better QB than Tyrod Taylor as a "diamond in the rough" free agent option because Moore clearly has a real talent for throwing the football. It seems clear that Taylor is a run first QB. I just don't get why Bills fans want a running QB over someone who's shown passing talent in college and has performed very well in preseason games.

This board makes me laugh sometimes because I think it's all over the place. They want a franchise QB until they get Roman in here and now they want a QB that's looking to run first before he passes. If someone puts this for a vote, put me down for Kellen Moore over Tyrod Taylor. This is were the current state of QB options has taken us...LOL I think we can all agree that it's a sad state of affairs trying to come up with a solution to the QB problem.

Edited by 1billsfan

The only reason I brought up Kellen Moore's name is because people were starting to tout Tyrod Taylor and I was like...huh???? I know next to nothing about college football, but I can look at their college stats and come to the conclusion that Kellen Moore is many times a better QB than Tyrod Taylor as a "diamond in the rough" free agent option because Moore clearly has a real talent for throwing the football. It seems clear that Taylor is a run first QB. I just don't get why Bills fans want a running QB over someone who's shown passing talent in college and has performed very well in preseason games.

This board makes me laugh sometimes because I think it's all over the place. They want a franchise QB until they get Roman in here and now they want a QB that's looking to run first before he passes. If someone puts this for a vote, put me down for Kellen Moore over Tyrod Taylor. This is were the current state of QB options has taken us...LOL I think we can all agree that it's a sad state of affairs trying to come up with a solution to the QB problem.

When I get some time I'll make a thread on Taylor and why I think we might see him in a Bills uni this year. I promise it will make some sense. Maybe.

When I get some time I'll make a thread on Taylor and why I think we might see him in a Bills uni this year. I promise it will make some sense. Maybe.

I was a student for his entire career at VT. His biggest issue is inconsistency. One game he will light it up and look untouchable, another he has no awareness and throws terrible picks, the next he has a down game but pulls out a miracle at the end. I'd love to see him come in and get a shot, and I hope he has learned a lot watching Flacco, but he really is a shot in the dark. But full disclosure, as I have said elsewhere, I would not complain if our QB's going into camp were EJ, Tyrod, and Vick

Not many people from anywhere seem to know the difference between the words then and than anymore. Or my favourite, the phrase "I could care less", essentially saying you do care, which in the context it's used is an immediate contradiction of what is being said.

I don't care enough to care less? Lol

I was a student for his entire career at VT. His biggest issue is inconsistency. One game he will light it up and look untouchable, another he has no awareness and throws terrible picks, the next he has a down game but pulls out a miracle at the end. I'd love to see him come in and get a shot, and I hope he has learned a lot watching Flacco, but he really is a shot in the dark. But full disclosure, as I have said elsewhere, I would not complain if our QB's going into camp were EJ, Tyrod, and Vick

Tyrod's 'inconsistint-ness' was much more about the abhorrent QB coaching that was VT while TT was there. As was that for Logan Thomas. Call him out as Frank Beamer's buddy - Mike O'Cain. Brutal. Both QB's regressed even from HS.

I'm not even sayin that TT is the long term Bills answer - I'm just saying that the team needs a 'cheap' 2-3 year bridge QB that gets it - and bridges the Bills to the next Jim Kelly. There's not one of those that we can get in this college class. Tyrod might not be the next JK but all we know is that is something less than Joe Flacco. In the system that's coming I'm here to tell you that he's a shorter but cheaper, faster and more motivated than a Kaepernick.

Edited by moshermw

I just watched some Preseason footage of Tyrod Taylor he looks like a fit in Romans scheme for sure, While watching, Jon Gruden & Ray Lewis had some really good things to say bout TT. Ray Ray even said Tyrod was the steal of the draft that yr. Ray went on to say that Taylor is very impressive and he called him the human highlights film.

I wouldn't mind this move but only if it comes with another signing like Matt Moore. MM should be signed to be our insurance plan.I think MM can be the Alex Smith of Romans Offense there skill sets are similar. If TT or EJ don't pan out we got a guy with experience that can take the reins. TT won't break the bank should be looking to sign with us for cheap figuring he can steal the job from Ej. So with that said I'm cool going into training camp with EJ, Matt Moore & Taylor battling it out. I know this isn't sexy but what choice do we have barring some miracle trade for Big Ben or Brees. This is realistic and has potential to be a steal.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Again, the most reasonable approach to finding some great QB who does not exist is to add the one or two players needed for this D to allow a merely adequate QB to rack up enough Ws mto get this team into the playoffs.

I know folks are addicted to a likely fruitless search for the next Jimbo, but it is almost certainly aint gonna happen. With our current DL we are 1 shutdown corner away from allowing us rack up many a W with a QB who is not capable of consistently carrying the Bills, but simply does not make a lot of mistakes that kill us.

Again, the most reasonable approach to finding some great QB who does not exist is to add the one or two players needed for this D to allow a merely adequate QB to rack up enough Ws mto get this team into the playoffs.

I know folks are addicted to a likely fruitless search for the next Jimbo, but it is almost certainly aint gonna happen. With our current DL we are 1 shutdown corner away from allowing us rack up many a W with a QB who is not capable of consistently carrying the Bills, but simply does not make a lot of mistakes that kill us.

Well said 100% correct

IMHO ... that is the direction we will be going in ... instead of trying to turn E.J. into Manning, we are going to try and turn him into Alex Smith. Build a "dream team" around him, and task him to not not loose the game.

I just don't see the QB out there that is a sure fire chance to be better than E.J. at this time. I think we build the team ... bide our time and wait for our chance to get a potential "star QB.

I would love it if EJ was the starter and The Bills ran the ball 50-60 times a game and beat the **** out of everyone they play.

The entertainment value here on The Board would be phenomenal and the exploding heads phenomenon would be priceless.

1973 - Fergy's rookie year is the season OJ ran for 2003 yards... in 14 games.

Tyrod's 'inconsistint-ness' was much more about the abhorrent QB coaching that was VT while TT was there. As was that for Logan Thomas. Call him out as Frank Beamer's buddy - Mike O'Cain. Brutal. Both QB's regressed even from HS.

I'm not even sayin that TT is the long term Bills answer - I'm just saying that the team needs a 'cheap' 2-3 year bridge QB that gets it - and bridges the Bills to the next Jim Kelly. There's not one of those that we can get in this college class. Tyrod might not be the next JK but all we know is that is something less than Joe Flacco. In the system that's coming I'm here to tell you that he's a shorter but cheaper, faster and more motivated than a Kaepernick.

Oh I know that our entire offensive staff should have been replaced years ago, but Beamer is too loyal to let guys go