Who deserved to win the game?

Who was the better team? Who deserved to win?

That's a tough one. If I had to say, I think the Patriots deserved to win a tad more than the Seahawks.

They made a few more plays.

They controlled the game a little more.

They scored at the end when they had to, the Seahawks didn't.

The refs didn't matter.

No one got screwed.

The Seahawks should have won if they weren't stupid I guess. But if you had to say who deserved to win, who would you say?

The Patriots were the more disciplined and well-rounded team.

Wilson had to buy time and throw up a ton of jump balls. Their no-namers made some nice catches, but the offense never got into a rhythm, or so it felt to me.

The Hawks' defense was compromised with that early injury to Lane and later to Avril. Brady took advantage.

Meanwhile the Pats just did what they always do. Move the ball methodically, if unspectacularly, and play solid defense.

The flukey catch became a wash with the pick at the end.

In the bigger picture? Hate to say it but after Seattle went up by 10, the Cheats did. Sure Seattle were down two key supporting players in that defensive who went down and didn't return - Avril and Lane and still played good enough to win. But their offense? It didn't show. They had the game signed and sealed if they scored a single TD or sustained a significant drive. The failed to do anything until the final drive - which consisted of a nice throw and catch to Lynch and then a remarkable bit of luck to even get them in the realm of possibility.

I despise the Cheats but come crunch time with the game on the line? Yes. They deserved to win it. They outplayed Seattle in the 4th.

Who was the better team? Who deserved to win?

That's a tough one. If I had to say, I think the Patriots deserved to win a tad more than the Seahawks.

They made a few more plays.

They controlled the game a little more.

They scored at the end when they had to, the Seahawks didn't.

The refs didn't matter.

No one got screwed.

The Seahawks should have won if they weren't stupid I guess. But if you had to say who deserved to win, who would you say?

Good question. I'd say the pats, but it's really close. The pats ran far more plays (73 to 55) and won the TOP by around 7 minutes. Seattle had more yards per play and outyarded the pats, 396-377. However, the Pats won the penalty yardage by a difference of 34 yards, so all in all the the pats had slightly more yards.

The big thing was turnovers - in points off turnovers, the Pats lost 10 (a seattle td and a foregone fg early on) and the seahawks lost 7 (their final offensive play). So seattle had a 3 point advantage via turnovers but still lost. Why? At the end of the day, i think it was this: the pats were 8-14 on third down and the seahawks 3-10. That kept the ball in the pats hands, gave them more opportunities, and helped them win the field position battle.

It was about as evenly matched as a game can get.

Too even a game to say.

I liked BB's comment at halftime that there were no mysteries about the game, and that whichever team executed better would win.

Say what you will about the horrendous playcall at the end, but that pats CB made a ridiculous play. He executed; Seattle didn't.

True, that receiver (Lockette, I think) could have made a play there. He certainly wasn't expecting the DB to make that break, but he basically blew Lockette off the ball.

Patsies

Too even a game to say.

I liked BB's comment at halftime that there were no mysteries about the game, and that whichever team executed better would win.

Say what you will about the horrendous playcall at the end, but that pats CB made a ridiculous play. He executed; Seattle didn't.

true - hated the call but a better WR probably makes that play.

As much as I despise the Patriots, they were and are the better team. I didn't think Seattle was even the best team in the NFC. They were, to put it mildly, very fortunate to get past the Packers...and it took a ridiculous bounce in their favor last night to even have a shot at winning the game at the end.