Super Bowl XLIX Game thread

YoloinOhio

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously-- what genius came up with the "throw a slant from a bunch formation when there are 9 guys within two yards of the ball" play? I thought it was widdle Nate-- but maybe this play is in the arsenal of every cutesy OC.

Cute is right. That was a finesse play when straight up balls to the walls football wins the game.

Without double checking - did the clock situation have 3 runs left on it? If not a quick pass might actually get you a 3rd attempt at the endzone that just rushing might not

There was 34 seconds left and they had a timeout. And NE probably would have used a TO too.

Any pass play introduces additional risk. The odds of Lynch being stopped 3 times against a worn out defense are almost nil.

It was 25 seconds and 1 timeout though, right? Think they squeeze 3 runs or does a safe pass going incomplete then open the playbook for 2 plays actually getting you 3 shots?

Now that the 2014 season is over, let's update the post-season comparison between Tom Brady and Peyton Gump (Big Game Chump):

Rings: Brady 4, Manning 1

Playoff Record as Starting QB: Brady 21-8 (72 %), Manning 11-13 (45 %)

Playoff One-and-Done's as Starting QB: Brady 2, Manning 9

Playoff Comebacks::Brady 6, Manning 1

Playoff Game-Winning Drives: Brady 9, Manning 1

GO BLUE!

Now that the 2014 season is over, let's update the post-season comparison between Tom Brady and Peyton Gump (Big Game Chump):

Rings: Brady 4, Manning 1

Playoff Record as Starting QB: Brady 21-8 (72 %), Manning 11-13 (45 %)

Playoff One-and-Done's as Starting QB: Brady 2, Manning 9

Playoff Comebacks::Brady 6, Manning 1

Playoff Game-Winning Drives: Brady 9, Manning 1

GO BLUE!

Yea I think Brady probably went a long way to getting the edge in the all time great race between the two. I hate splitting hairs over 1-2 big games that can fall unexpectedly but the gaps getting pretty wide