Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

Near as I can tell, the Bills should have between $45-50M in cap room next year. As of right now. That will change as they sign more FA's. But still a huge chunk of cap room.

Exactly. I think it was 50 before Shady's deal, and of course that accounts for Dareus, Gilmore and Glenn coming off the books -- but it's more than enough to get them all resigned. The crazy thing is, they have even more cap room the following year, not accounting for the annual increase in cap. They're in great shape cap wise for this year and the foreseeable future -- even if they did something wild like signing Revis, BB, and Clay. No idea if they will, but they can.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He loved Rex. Rex did not have anything to do with the trade, right?

Revis shuts down 1/3 of the field. Book him. You could put me at safety over there and my buddy Todd at linebacker. Revis covers for us.

Yes & no. Woody Johnson mandated that Tannenbaum trade him.

I don't know why I think it but I have a feeling that the Bills are going to take 1 big swing at Revis. The smirks and the "wait and see" just have me feeling that way. With all of the cap space for next year they can make it happen. They will try to strike quickly and if they lose out move on. It may have even been promised to Rex as a part of his recruiting. I may be wrong but it's just a feeling.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm really sick of Mary Kay Cabot and the Browns:

@MaryKayCabot: #Browns have expressed interest in Darrelle Revis, who played for Pettine in NY per league source

From collision low crossers, it was clear that Pettine pretty much thinks Revis is the greatest football player he has ever come across. Rex and Thurman think so too.

Pats feel that Revis is going to the Jets. what a waste of talent. have fun in obscurity

Not sure I'd agree that the NYC market is "obscurity." I don't blame a guy for taking a huge paycheck AND being able to live where he considers "home."

Not sure I'd agree that the NYC market is "obscurity." I don't blame a guy for taking a huge paycheck AND being able to live where he considers "home."

The Jets won't have a team for at least a few years. By then Revis will be out of the league. But he gets to go home and make some good money. Have fun I guess