ANYONE ELSE HAVE SYMPATHY FOR HACKETT?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't good enough for the NFL. He should head back to some small ball college where he'll still make great money to be a mediocre coach at that level. Guy will do just fine. Hella happy to see him off the Bills sideline... err, out of the booth.

I don't feel bad for him. He wasn't ready and he probably knew it--but he wasn't going to turn down the Bills job.

He busted out, but hey, we now have Spagnuolo's and April's offspring on the coaching staff.

He's now offically a retread--so he will get another job in the NFL, because that's how they mange their business.

I don't have any sympathy for Hackett. He made the choice to leave the band just before they started to achieve a widespread following. Who could have known that Collins, Rutherford and Banks would become so popular?

Mama....

the only thing good i've ever heard anyone say about Hackett is that he's got a lot of enthusiasm.

he and marrone took Cuse to a .500 team with a very good college qb, which isn't really much of an accomplishment.

he lacked inventiveness and game calling skills (from my limited viewpoint on my couch).

get the guy into a college scenario where his skill of being enthusiastic can help recruit good high school players. he'll be more rewarded in a job like that by developing young players in the sport he loves. the NFL isn't where he belongs anyway. i'd go play for the guy if i was a high school standout.

Since he probably got the job as an OC in the NFL because of his name and his dad - I don't see Harvey Johnson Junior getting any coordinator jobs in his 30s - he could very likely get work for a couple years on the college level, or as a position coach, and then re-start his OC career in his 40s like most OC's. I don't really feel sorry for him. I think he needs to choose his friends better.

Id imagine that Hacketts and Marrones personal relationship is pretty strained by all that went down here. I dont feel bad for Nate, i wouldnt be surprised if he got another crack at coaching on an NFL team.