Would you root for the Patriots if Brady says he'll retire..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brady said he'd retire if they win the Superbowl, would you cheer them on??

I'd feel dirty and cheap; I think I'd rather have a regular season shot at him than to have him walk off into the sunset knowing he got the best of us.

No. He'd probably have his fingers crossed behind his back when he said it anyway.

No. Brady can do whatever the hell he wants. Whether he stays or goes I want us to kick the living **** out of whoever we play. I want to beat teams at their very best. Doesn't matter to me who's on the field for our opponents. We need to just do our job and win.

No. Brady can do whatever the hell he wants. Whether he stays or goes I want us to kick the living **** out of whoever we play. I want to beat teams at their very best. Doesn't matter to me who's on the field for our opponents. We need to just do our job and win.

Correct. When do we stop looking for help and other teams to lose or have misfortune and accomplish something ourselves? If you want to see the Bills on national tv and in the playoffs, they need to earn it. Brady is a hell of a quarterback and his coach is the best. We need to deal with it on our own terms.

If it meant Brady retired I'd root for them in a heartbeat. I don't care what anyone says about "wanting to beat them with Brady so it's more honorable or meaningful" or whatever. People seem to get lost and unaware when we're watching it happen before our eyes, but people looking back will grasp the situation much better; it's simply unfair that the Bills have had to have Brady in their division for 15 years. We're not talking about a good or great QB. We're talking about someone who will probably go down as the best QB in the history of the sport. That's like being a professional boxer and having to fight Muhhamod Ali twice a year for 15 years straight or playing baseball and pitching to Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle every game for a decade and a half. When people talk about the first decade in the NFL of the 21st century 30 YEARS FROM NOW Tom Brady will be a legend and the Bills will be a tragic footnote, only worth mentioning because we contributed to all of his records.

The next evolutionary step for the Bills and every other AFCE team simply cannot begin until Brady is gone, regardless of how much we want to romanticize about finally toppling the giant through our own roster's talent and cunning. And unfortunately that's probably still 3-4 years away.

So yeah, I'd root for the Pats if it meant he'd retire. I'd get his number tattooed on my ass if it meant he'd retire after this season.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain