Would you root for the Patriots if Brady says he'll retire..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I response to the OP's question: Yes, I would root for Brady if the return on that investment was a guarantee that he would retire. No brainer.

As to this year's Super Bowl, I will do what I always do: Root against the team I hate the most. I maintain a constant high level of hatred for all things Patriot related, much as I did with the Dolphins through the 70s, 80s, and into the 90s. However, every once in awhile, a team will have a momentary spike ahead of the Patriots in regard to my level of hatred toward them. Seattle is that team for me at the moment. I have rooted against the Patriots in every post season game they have ever played. However, this year I will be rooting against Seattle.

Although, in a perfect world, for me, (1) Seattle would get absolutely humiliated in the Super Bowl, (2) New England would subsequently be found to have cheated to such a degree that their win is forfeited, they lose all their draft picks next year, and Belichick is banned from the NFL, and (3) Brady retires in shame after his secret affair with Bruce Jenner becomes public...

:censored: no because he be a lying dog.

He has stated he wants to play until he is 40 years old (3 more years), and in Belichick's system he just might, as he hardly gets sacked. The Patriots were 5th in the NFL in sacks allowed with only 26.

I dislike the Seahawks because of the Lynch trade, and now i must root for them to win.

Oh, and to those that think Belichick won't win without Brady are forgetting that Brady missed an entire season after getting knocked out in the opener in 2008. Patriots backup QB Matt Cassel hadn't started a single college game, and hadn't started on since high school. The Patriots went 10-5 with a scrub at QB.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Oh, and to those that think Belichick won't win without Brady are forgetting that Brady missed an entire season after getting knocked out in the opener in 2008. Patriots backup QB Matt Cassel hadn't started a single college game, and hadn't started on since high school. The Patriots went 10-5 with a scrub at QB.

They also had one of the best rosters they've ever had that year.