Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

The crazy thing with Marrone is he had two years left on his contract so he could have come off a winning year, built on it for next year, and even if they fired him, he would have another $4 mil for 2016.

He doesn't have a snowball's chance at Denver. His only chance might be Atlanta as it's been reported often Blank is a tough owner to work under, so some may be avoiding that job.

I believe there is a chance he never gets another NFL HC shot. He's probably heading back to college.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think that Marrone would be a good fit with a veteran team like Denver. He's bound to have friction with the players. Especially if Manning retires and he has to start with no quarterback again. I think that at this point in his career Marrone would be better off going back to college. He might be a better fit as a college HC anyway.

Edited by vincec

This brings back the weird episode that Pegula recounted the first time he met Marrone, when Marrone cut short their meeting because he had to go coach a team. Seemed a bizarre move to me at the time, and it explains a lot more in retrospect.

Hadn't heard that one. I assume there will be enty more though

If Kubiak gets a job, he'll throw Marrone a bone.

Disagree. I don't see anyone (other than perhaps one of Moron's old cronies like Bill O'Brien in Houston) who feels sorry for a guy who just quit a HC job and took $4M.

Now, if the "real" story behind the scenes is that Pegula planned to fire Moron and the opt out was a way to save face, my perception changes a little bit -- but that never will excuse how Moron badmouthed the organization to Polian upon exiting.

If Kubiak gets a job, he'll throw Marrone a bone.

Why? Do they have a history together?

Disagree. I don't see anyone (other than perhaps one of Moron's old cronies like Bill O'Brien in Houston) who feels sorry for a guy who just quit a HC job and took $4M.

Now, if the "real" story behind the scenes is that Pegula planned to fire Moron and the opt out was a way to save face, my perception changes a little bit -- but that never will excuse how Moron badmouthed the organization to Polian upon exiting.

In the Rex presser, TP and Russ both said they were shocked.

He quit on the team. Plain and simple

"He's not going to embarrass you," Spiller said. "He's going to treat you like an NFL player. He's not going to baby you. He's not going to treat you like you're in college. He's going to treat you like you're a grown man. He's going to give you respect." Who do you think Spiller is talking about here?

"He's not going to embarrass you," Spiller said. "He's going to treat you like an NFL player. He's not going to baby you. He's not going to treat you like you're in college. He's going to treat you like you're a grown man. He's going to give you respect." Who do you think Spiller is talking about here?

Ahh, the hits just keep coming from Saint Doug.

http://centralny.twcnews.com/

There is a poll on Time Warner News Central New York Homepage...

Why is Doug Merrone not finding an NFL job?

Bad Luck

Bad Timing

Bad Karma

So far Bad Karma is the dominant response

They should probably add "bad coach" to this list. I think he assumed he had the wool pulled over the league's eyes in terms of his coaching acumen after leading the Bills to a 9-7 season. Well, actually he probably legitimately believes he is a world class football coach... either way, I think that the league has picked up on a lot of the complaints many of us had about him. If he doesn't land a head coaching job, I think it's further validation that he's not a great coach, the experts in the league know it, and we're lucky he bailed when he did.

WOW !

I have respect for Spiller as a person. I might suggest he is very seriously pissed

Edited by 3rdand12