Reactions you hear at work (for those not in WNY)

stevestojan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Chicago area. The comment from the person I respect the most was that Rex was a part of a train wreck in New York and he would not give him a chance as coach of the Bears.

My boss is also in Chicago and a Bears fan and really wanted Rex. Did not want Marrone. Seems ok with Fox.

"The NFL sucks. You should watch the SEC. Go cocks!"

lol

My boss is also in Chicago and a Bears fan and really wanted Rex. Did not want Marrone. Seems ok with Fox.

lol

Personally I do see a risk that Rex may burn hot and fizzle out while he is coach of the Bills. But I still support the hire big time because the Bills are in a pretty good place talent wise and are in a position to improve on a winning record, they are not a total rebuilding project.

Personally I do see a risk that Rex may burn hot and fizzle out while he is coach of the Bills. But I still support the hire big time because the Bills are in a pretty good place talent wise and are in a position to improve on a winning record, they are not a total rebuilding project.

I thought Terry made a good point that they were the only team looking for a coach that didn't fire the last coach. Therefore it makes sense they want a guy with experience, since this team is ready to win right now which you can say about maybe Atlanta among the other vacancies.

"The NFL sucks. You should watch the SEC. Go cocks!"

The conference certainly proved that truism this bowl season.

ps Jets fans don't like the hiring at all.

Edited by GG

A college buddy of mine who is a Jets fan texted me randomly this week (haven't heard from him in years), and said "s**t man, I was hoping Rex would go to Atlanta. Playing that Buffalo defense twice a year sucked already. He was not the problem here in NY. You guys are gonna be good once you get a QB."

Here in DC it's impressive the way the narrative is changing. Last year the Bills were seen as a universal joke at this time last year. I cleaned up last summer by betting almost everyone I talk sports with $100 dollars that the Bills would win 8 games ore more. Some even gave me odds. Marrone's departure brought out a lot of the "same old Bills" comments but Rex's hiring has changed all that. Now non Bills backers ask me what the heck was that dummy Marone thinking? It's nice to see the change it's also nice that the criticism of the Bills is that they really can't go too far with EJ even though they clearly have one of the best Ds in the league that Rex may make even better. Now it seems the consensus is that the Bills are a flawed playoff contender which after the last 15 years is an amazingly positive change. I work with a TON of Boston transplants and it's nice seeing them a little uncomfortable with the idea of facing Rex two times a year with the Bills D.

I think everyone in BTV and across the action sports industry knows that I'm a die-hard Bills fan.

When Rex was first hired I was getting a lot of "Rex?" "No waaay!" "Ha, Rex!". Over the last several days, that's changed. I've definitely gotten a lot of texts and emails from people that think it's good (and *smart*) hire.

I even got a voice mail from a guy in RI, big Pats fan, that called to say that he heard Rex on the radio and he thinks Bills could have BIG year - if we figure out the QB. Spot on. :D

Also, of Bills nation up here a couple are on board, a couple are not. I'm sure everyone will warm when the season starts to roll around...

I am in the land of cheese and large women. a.k.a. Wisconsin. Generally the response has not been good. I chalk it up to them not being over the fact that we cost them home field advantage in the playoffs. As my best friend put it. "I cannot believe the Bills cost the Packers home field advantage, yet can't even get into the playoffs themselves". My response "at least we won the NFC North"

Northern VA here.

First we were a joke when Marrone was 'let go'---that was the impression they got. The comments then were like "what the hell was the problem?" And I at the time, a Marrone supporter said Bills fans have lost their minds from 15 years of no playoffs. So has the team--the pressure to get in, the trade hung over everything. Just a debacle.

I come into work this past Monday and my Steeler fan buddy who's always busting my balls says "yo...I think that's a great hire. Rex is perfect for you guys." He's a Pittsburgh guy (my buddy not Rex), so he understands the area, the fans, etc.

Today he says to me the talk in Pittsburgh is they want to start looking at Bens future heir in the draft. I said you guys are nuts--if you do, please trade us Ben. He said "no joke if you guys had Ben you'd be nasty."

And that's where we are. We're sort of respectable again; but until that QB comes...

Edited by Big Blitz