Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people commenting on Jerry Sullivan are blowing things way out of proportion.

Jerry likes to provoke, which some would argue is part of his job.

Get over it.

New board is screaming fast... I posted my post exactly as yours was being posted... That never would have happened before, we would have been IN a long jam.

The people commenting on Jerry Sullivan are blowing things way out of proportion.

Jerry likes to provoke, which some would argue is part of his job.

Get over it.

jerry just seems very childish. I have met and spoken with him a before. Couldnt end that conversation fast enough. Him along with rodak and this troll need to go.

The sense I'm getting is that he is so much of a defensive guru he doesn't need a QB.

His former defense isn't responsible for the 4-12 record last season I guess, because the QB's played both ways and gave up all those points? All hail Rex, the savior...

Go away. You are just too enlightened for us oh wise one.

Provocation is fine. Lazy, uninspired journalism isn't.

He wasn't engaging in lazy journalism in this PC, which is what this thread is about.

In fact, he works harder in that sense than most; he asks hard hitting questions whereas almost all "journalists" in WNY adopt a "go along to get along" buddy mentality. It's just how the WNY community is...

I am not a huge Jerry Sullivan fan per se; he is a good writer. I won't convince a single Sullivan basher here to re-think their position either.

New board is screaming fast... I posted my post exactly as yours was being posted... That never would have happened before, we would have been IN a long jam.

Hell well that is cool! This will be nice come the first game thread next year.

He wasn't engaging in lazy journalism in this PC, which is what this thread is about.

In fact, he works harder in that sense than most; he asks hard hitting questions whereas almost all "journalists" in WNY adopt a "go along to get along" buddy mentality. It's just how the WNY community is...

I am not a huge Jerry Sullivan fan per se; he is a good writer. I won't convince a single Sullivan basher here to re-think their position either.

:lol: He asked a question which began, "I didn't watch the games, but I talked to friends who watched a lot of Jets games and they said..." and expected Ryan to answer. That's the definition of LAZY.

He hit it out of the park. Couple digs at Saint Doug I thought. Some questions tried to bait him and he didn't take it. I loved the part about when they asked him if e had any extra motivation about the Jets and he said, "No, the Patriots." That was awesome.

two things I took away:

1. A QB move is in the works, Rex know this and was hedging all his answers because it's not done yet.

2. "Buffalo deserves a loyal coach". LOVE IT!

Go away. You are just too enlightened for us oh wise one.

Calm down man.

It's boring when everyone drinks Kool-Aid and agrees on everything, though a lot of people prefer things that way.

Not me. Let's hear some differing opinions.

By the way: I really liked what I heard from Rex today and this organization is most definitely on the way up...and not just b/c Rex is a charismatic leader and good speaker.

Things are going to get a lot better in the next few years.

"I am going to build a bully" is the greatest thing I heard.

:lol: He asked a question which began, "I didn't watch the games, but I talked to friends who watched a lot of Jets games and they said..." and expected Ryan to answer. That's the definition of LAZY.

Not really but i am not going to convince you of anything about Sullivan, nor do I really give a rat's ass about him. This thread is about the future of the organization and Rex Ryan.

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

I have no problem giving credit where it's due, the emphasis upon establishing a Running Game is to be commended. Not enough good can be said for ball control/game management. Something obviously missing with his formerly coached team at 4-12.

Has anybody ever seen Lombardi1 and Doug Marrone in the same place?

Not really but i am not going to convince you of anything about Sullivan, nor do I really give a rat's ass about him. This thread is about the future of the organization and Rex Ryan.

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Not doing your homework before asking (your first question) isn't lazy? Okay... :lol:

two things I took away:

1. A QB move is in the works, Rex know this and was hedging all his answers because it's not done yet.

He most certainly took a shot at Marrone, and everyone knows it!

And without question, these people are thinking EJ is not the man. Everything they said about the QB all PC shouts this out loud, if you know how to listen.

He's a great motivator. Loved the idea that "in the back of your mind you have a voice that says I've given everything I've got...but there's another voice that says, you can give a little bit more..." I really like Rex...but the multiple voices in his head worry me.

Seriously, as so many others have said...I feel like I could run through a wall for the guy. Marrone felt like the Bills were a stepping stone for his career...Rex actually seems to want to be here.

Not doing your homework before asking (your first question) isn't lazy? Okay... :lol:

"Homework" had nothing to do with his question; he was referencing NYC journalists who have seen every snap of every Jets game since Ryan was coach. What? You expect Jerry Sullivan to watch every snap of every game before asking that question?

His point was "Don't take it from me, a Buffalo guy...take it from the NYC press who knows you better than anyone."

Are you slow?

two things I took away:

I loved the "keep drafting the guys your drafting, and we will win"

Think that is a huge dig at the Marrone went ballistic on the Watkins trade.

Damn, i am so pissed now that Marrone not head coach of the Jets

He's a great motivator. Loved the idea that "in the back of your mind you have a voice that says I've given everything I've got...but there's another voice that says, you can give a little bit more..." I really like Rex...but the multiple voices in his head worry me.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Maybe. I think he is just supporting Whaley and the organization as a whole.

Which is a good approach. We all benefit if these guys bond into a tight group and think on the same page.

"Homework" had nothing to do with his question; he was referencing NYC journalists who have seen every snap of every Jets game since Ryan was coach. What? You expect Jerry Sullivan to watch every snap of every game before asking that question?

His point was "Don't take it from me, a Buffalo guy...take it from the NYC press who knows you better than anyone."

Are you slow?

My point is there are literally hundreds of ways to phrase that question without highlighting that he did not do his own homework, he chose to flout that he didn't care enough to do his job and wanted to have Rex answer his question (based on second and third hand info) despite that.

It's terrible journalism and lazy by definition. That's just a fact.

First, I thought the PC went as I expected for the most part. Rex is an impressive individual, very charismatic and great talker.

Hard to pull much out of what he said, but the things I really liked:

1- Strong emphasis on team and mindset that everyone is pulling in same direction. While this could be typical coach pabulum, I think in this case it served multiple purposes -- 1- it's an area of emphasis in his philosophy; 2-it wasn't what he had in NY and 3-it wasn't the way Marrone acted when he was here

2- Offensively, while the PC lacked many specifics, he glistened when describing the offense as "aggressive"; I don't think this means airing it out, I think he met, the O Line and developing an attitude that we will pound you and punch you in the face. Anxious to here more from Roman.

3- Clear that Rex is in a wait and see mode on EJ, as it should be, however, they need a plan !!! In the end, this team will sink or swim from getting good play from the QB position. BTW, Sanchez is not the answer!!

Calm down man.

It's boring when everyone drinks Kool-Aid and agrees on everything, though a lot of people prefer things that way.

Not me. Let's hear some differing opinions.

By the way: I really liked what I heard from Rex today and this organization is most definitely on the way up...and not just b/c Rex is a charismatic leader and good speaker.

Things are going to get a lot better in the next few years.

"I am going to build a bully" is the greatest thing I heard.

Please come up with something original. Sick of Kool-Aid line. it's old and overused

First, I thought the PC went as I expected for the most part. Rex is an impressive individual, very charismatic and great talker.

Hard to pull much out of what he said, but the things I really liked:

1- Strong emphasis on team and mindset that everyone is pulling in same direction. While this could be typical coach pabulum, I think in this case it served multiple purposes -- 1- it's an area of emphasis in his philosophy; 2-it wasn't what he had in NY and 3-it wasn't the way Marrone acted when he was here

2- Offensively, while the PC lacked many specifics, he glistened when describing the offense as "aggressive"; I don't think this means airing it out, I think he met, the O Line and developing an attitude that we will pound you and punch you in the face. Anxious to here more from Roman.

3- Clear that Rex is in a wait and see mode on EJ, as it should be, however, they need a plan !!! In the end, this team will sink or swim from getting good play from the QB position. BTW, Sanchez is not the answer!!

Re #2, at one point he got giddy and said the O-line is what he loves. That's where the aggressive in-your-face attitude will show.

we want to run the ball and of course we want to pass we have Sammy Watkins!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Anybody else surprised that for all the talk and whining from the Buffalo media that Pegula never allows himself opportunity for questions, they barely asked him anything? I saw one question from Vic about the front office and another one from TG about the process of the coaching search, but if I recall that was really it.

Nobody asked if Marrone was extended or if pegs rejected an extension overture (still no consensus on what happened), nobody followed up on Pegs comment about "talking with Polian" (what did that say for RB and DW at the time), nobody asked about "analytics dept."

Am I missing something here? I also find it hilarious guys like Sully spent more time posting snarky questions on Twitter to everyone and no one rather than, you know, ask questions to the folks in front of them.

A real reporter would have prefaced the question with something like "When you were with the Jets, it was reported that..."

It's less of an indictment of his lack of research (who would expect him to watch every Jets game?) than his professionalism. Sullivan's very phrasing was and amateurish in the extreme. He's simply not a real reporter by any stretch of the imagination.

A real reporter would have prefaced the question with something like "When you were with the Jets, it was reported that..."

It's less of an indictment of his lack of research (who would expect him to watch every Jets game?) than his professionalism. Sullivan's very phrasing was and amateurish in the extreme. He's simply not a real reporter by any stretch of the imagination.

Exactly.

It's his team to coach. He and his defensive coordinator will run their defense. I don't understand what else you would expect them to do.

For better or worse, there are always fans whose favorite part of being a fan is the race to be right, followed by the race to say "I told you so."

You can do nothing to get them excited because they're too busy looking for reasons to support the low-hanging fruit that is "This will likely fail."

I find it easy to ignore them, but if you can't ignore them, mock them!

Seriously, as so many others have said...I feel like I could run through a wall for the guy. Marrone felt like the Bills were a stepping stone for his career...Rex actually seems to want to be here.

The differences between Marrone and Rex are huge.

And yes, Rex is a great motivator, charismatic, and probably a good leader. I can see why his players always have his back.

Will any of that actually translate into what we are looking for in Buffalo?

I'm not sure; time will tell.

All the positive mojo emanating from this PC didn't help the Jets in the last few years, that is for sure.

Of course, it's not all about 1 component and why a football team is successful or not is based on many variables.

I come back to what I have been typing here for a while: we have most certainly improved the HC position...

For now, that is good enough.

Edited by Stopthepain

Nobody asked if Marrone was extended or if pegs rejected an extension overture (still no consensus on what happened), nobody followed up on Pegs comment about "talking with Polian" (what did that say for RB and DW at the time), nobody asked about "analytics dept."

Not the least bit surprised about that. That mortified equine has been pretty soundly abused, and the PC introducing your new head coach isn't the place to discuss your old head coach.

Anybody else surprised that for all the talk and whining from the Buffalo media that Pegula never allows himself opportunity for questions, they barely asked him anything? I saw one question from Vic about the front office and another one from TG about the process of the coaching search, but if I recall that was really it.

Am I missing something here? I also find it hilarious guys like Sully spent more time posting snarky questions on Twitter to everyone and no one rather than, you know, ask questions to the folks in front of them.

I agree with this. I almost think Terry seems so awkward on stage, they feel a tad sorry for him and shy away from asking any difficult questions. Not saying that is right, but just my perception