Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The people commenting on Jerry Sullivan are blowing things way out of proportion.

Jerry likes to provoke, which some would argue is part of his job.

Get over it.

New board is screaming fast... I posted my post exactly as yours was being posted... That never would have happened before, we would have been IN a long jam.

The people commenting on Jerry Sullivan are blowing things way out of proportion.

Jerry likes to provoke, which some would argue is part of his job.

Get over it.

jerry just seems very childish. I have met and spoken with him a before. Couldnt end that conversation fast enough. Him along with rodak and this troll need to go.

The sense I'm getting is that he is so much of a defensive guru he doesn't need a QB.

His former defense isn't responsible for the 4-12 record last season I guess, because the QB's played both ways and gave up all those points? All hail Rex, the savior...

Go away. You are just too enlightened for us oh wise one.

Provocation is fine. Lazy, uninspired journalism isn't.

He wasn't engaging in lazy journalism in this PC, which is what this thread is about.

In fact, he works harder in that sense than most; he asks hard hitting questions whereas almost all "journalists" in WNY adopt a "go along to get along" buddy mentality. It's just how the WNY community is...

I am not a huge Jerry Sullivan fan per se; he is a good writer. I won't convince a single Sullivan basher here to re-think their position either.

New board is screaming fast... I posted my post exactly as yours was being posted... That never would have happened before, we would have been IN a long jam.

Hell well that is cool! This will be nice come the first game thread next year.

He wasn't engaging in lazy journalism in this PC, which is what this thread is about.

In fact, he works harder in that sense than most; he asks hard hitting questions whereas almost all "journalists" in WNY adopt a "go along to get along" buddy mentality. It's just how the WNY community is...

I am not a huge Jerry Sullivan fan per se; he is a good writer. I won't convince a single Sullivan basher here to re-think their position either.

:lol: He asked a question which began, "I didn't watch the games, but I talked to friends who watched a lot of Jets games and they said..." and expected Ryan to answer. That's the definition of LAZY.

He hit it out of the park. Couple digs at Saint Doug I thought. Some questions tried to bait him and he didn't take it. I loved the part about when they asked him if e had any extra motivation about the Jets and he said, "No, the Patriots." That was awesome.

two things I took away:

1. A QB move is in the works, Rex know this and was hedging all his answers because it's not done yet.

2. "Buffalo deserves a loyal coach". LOVE IT!

Go away. You are just too enlightened for us oh wise one.

Calm down man.

It's boring when everyone drinks Kool-Aid and agrees on everything, though a lot of people prefer things that way.

Not me. Let's hear some differing opinions.

By the way: I really liked what I heard from Rex today and this organization is most definitely on the way up...and not just b/c Rex is a charismatic leader and good speaker.

Things are going to get a lot better in the next few years.

"I am going to build a bully" is the greatest thing I heard.

:lol: He asked a question which began, "I didn't watch the games, but I talked to friends who watched a lot of Jets games and they said..." and expected Ryan to answer. That's the definition of LAZY.

Not really but i am not going to convince you of anything about Sullivan, nor do I really give a rat's ass about him. This thread is about the future of the organization and Rex Ryan.

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

I have no problem giving credit where it's due, the emphasis upon establishing a Running Game is to be commended. Not enough good can be said for ball control/game management. Something obviously missing with his formerly coached team at 4-12.

Has anybody ever seen Lombardi1 and Doug Marrone in the same place?

Not really but i am not going to convince you of anything about Sullivan, nor do I really give a rat's ass about him. This thread is about the future of the organization and Rex Ryan.

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Not doing your homework before asking (your first question) isn't lazy? Okay... :lol:

two things I took away:

1. A QB move is in the works, Rex know this and was hedging all his answers because it's not done yet.

He most certainly took a shot at Marrone, and everyone knows it!

And without question, these people are thinking EJ is not the man. Everything they said about the QB all PC shouts this out loud, if you know how to listen.

He's a great motivator. Loved the idea that "in the back of your mind you have a voice that says I've given everything I've got...but there's another voice that says, you can give a little bit more..." I really like Rex...but the multiple voices in his head worry me.

Seriously, as so many others have said...I feel like I could run through a wall for the guy. Marrone felt like the Bills were a stepping stone for his career...Rex actually seems to want to be here.

Not doing your homework before asking (your first question) isn't lazy? Okay... :lol:

"Homework" had nothing to do with his question; he was referencing NYC journalists who have seen every snap of every Jets game since Ryan was coach. What? You expect Jerry Sullivan to watch every snap of every game before asking that question?

His point was "Don't take it from me, a Buffalo guy...take it from the NYC press who knows you better than anyone."

Are you slow?

two things I took away:

I loved the "keep drafting the guys your drafting, and we will win"

Think that is a huge dig at the Marrone went ballistic on the Watkins trade.

Damn, i am so pissed now that Marrone not head coach of the Jets