Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rex Ryan is an idiot. He's a loud-mouth. And he's a jack-ass. And he had an overall losing record with the Jets.

and grumble puss had a losing record with the Brownies

do you have a valid point?

His "lousy" Jets teams have a MUCH better record defeating the Putrids than do the Bills over the last 6 seasons.

Yes, he's a loud-mouth... so?

Well, today is a day to feel good about the Bills, whether it is well-founded or not.

I do think, though, that without question, things are looking up.

Pretty soon the massively sad state of affairs around here under past ownership is going to be a distant (and bad) memory.

Thank goodness!

I doubt it goes away that soon. The first loss, or drafted player cut or incomplete pass in an OTA and folks will start singing the "15 years" refrain. Just too much a part of our psyche to let go of easily. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I doubt it goes away that soon. The first loss, or drafted player cut or incomplete pass in an OTA and folks will start singing the "15 years" refrain. Just too much a part of our psyche to let go of easily.

This is going to be an interesting sociological study over that very phenomenon. Usually that would be true, but by "folks" it's say roughly 50%. But that came while it was a Ralph owned team and usually only half the fans liked the coach to begin with (with a huge portion not really liking or hating, just in a wait and see or prove it to me mode)

Now, with the Pegulas and anything could happen, combined with a fan base that was 85-15 behind Rex before the press conference and maybe now 95-5 after it, I bet that 15 years crowd is lessened to a great degree, or has a lot more patience.

This is going to be an interesting sociological study over that very phenomenon. Usually that would be true, but by "folks" it's say roughly 50%. But that came while it was a Ralph owned team and usually only half the fans liked the coach to begin with (with a huge portion not really liking or hating, just in a wait and see or prove it to me mode)

Now, with the Pegulas and anything could happen, combined with a fan base that was 85-15 behind Rex before the press conference and maybe now 95-5 after it, I bet that 15 years crowd is lessened to a great degree, or has a lot more patience.

Yup.

When was the last time Bills hired the top available coaching prospect? How many of the posters even existed in 1978?

I don't like this bully stuff. Neither Ryan nor the Bills have proven anything. The last thing we need is to give other teams a reason to want to shut us up.

We need to walk before we run. These theatrics took the Jets somewhere the first two years, but then they almost became a joke because of his behavior.

Good for spotlight, bad for a team trying to establish itself

This team is ALREADY a joke, having --- far and away -- the longest stretch of missing the playoffs of any other team in the NFL.

If he can get the Bills to consecutive AFC Championship games before it becomes a joke again, I..for one...will welcome the break.

I swear, sometimes I just don't understand why some of you bother to be a fan of this team.

I assure you he's no idiot, and the "ground and pound" philosophy got the 49ers to a Super Bowl and three NFC Championship games recently. The Seahawks also employ this philosophy to a large degree.

Thanks for your contribution, though.

I was going to respond, but you said everything that I would have said. I totally agree.

Yup.

When was the last time Bills hired the top available coaching prospect? How many of the posters even existed in 1978?

that would be me :sick:

was 16...and can remember how much disbelief i was in the Chuck Fugging Knox was comimg to the coach the Bills!

Thanks for making me feel so ancient GG :lol:

BTW, iknow i am going to be bitching about Rex at some point soon too...like 2nd half first game...but at least i will like him personally and as a man...as opposed to Dougie.

I live in the NYC area and Isik was considered the issue. They let go of a lot of their talent especially on offensive line and never replaced them.

The fact that they kept picking up our WR castoffs like David Nelson, Brad Smith, and TJ Graham tells me all I need to know.

The fact that they kept picking up our WR castoffs like David Nelson, Brad Smith, and TJ Graham tells me all I need to know.

Eric Decker is pretty good, but it's a bad thing when he's not only your best receiver, but no one on the roster is within 2-3 tiers of him.

Re: your sig - technically Ryan's win ratio is indeterminate right now, not .000. Until he's actually coached a game, it's 0/0.