Mehta: Fickle Falcons led Rex Ryan to take Bills job

YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in the other post. If the Falcons wanted him, they would have had him back. He knew they didn't want him so he went with his only option.

Nothing wrong with that.

He was the first coach hired. For you to say the Bills were his only option is completely ridiculous and speculative. You have no idea what his options were.

He was the first coach hired. For you to say the Bills were his only option is completely ridiculous and speculative. You have no idea what his options were.

What were they? He called the Niners and didn't hear back from the Falcons. That left the Bills.

They were the only one offering, it seems. He could've waited for an offer that may or may not come. Framed another way- he was the first coach ready to put pen on paper and it doesn't sound like anyone else stepped up.

I don't say that as a knock on quality or anything but simply that I think Weo is right in this case

Rex apparently had more options and interest than Marrone. I think that speaks volumes on the upgrade we now have in the HC position.

I agree---I said before he opted out that there would be little interest in Marrone. Many disagreed.

They were the only one offering, it seems. He could've waited for an offer that may or may not come. Framed another way- he was the first coach ready to put pen on paper and it doesn't sound like anyone else stepped up.

I don't say that as a knock on quality or anything but simply that I think Weo is right in this case

And apparently nobody has stepped up for anybody else either, so I guess nobody has any options.

I said this in the other post. If the Falcons wanted him, they would have had him back. He knew they didn't want him so he went with his only option.

Nothing wrong with that.

The article said that he didn't want to wait because they screwed him over the last time. One of the four guys that he interviewed with he said he felt wasn't sure about him. Dimitroff. That was Thursday, the day after Blank's mom passed. That does not at all mean they didn't want him.

The article said that he didn't want to wait because they screwed him over the last time. One of the four guys that he interviewed with he said he felt wasn't sure about him. Dimitroff. That was Thursday, the day after Blank's mom passed. That does not at all mean they didn't want him.

Kelly, it's clear they didn't want him in ATL. They weren't calling with a second interview--Ryan himself knew and said this. He said, "if they ain't gonna call, I'm gonna go for it".

If Rex thought they were going to ask him back, he would have called them like he did the Niners, before flying to Fla.

And apparently nobody has stepped up for anybody else either, so I guess nobody has any options.

Until someone makes them an offer- they don't have options. And if no one else is willing to step up once an offer is out there, passing on the offer would be simply hoping for something else.

Nothing wrong with that.

Not they did want him, they wanted to speak with other guys before offering him the job.The history of getting burned before by Atlanta caused Rex to jump over to Buffalo.