Mehta: Fickle Falcons led Rex Ryan to take Bills job

YoloinOhio

I would not choose to live in Atlanta either, even over Columbus. I would choose to live in Bflo over Columbus, but probably because I am from there.

I can see it being an attractive HC gig. But their roster is largely bad.

When there is only 32 such opening, every NFL HC job is an attractive gig!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you listen on radio?

I think I am going to attempt to do so. I found an old radio I am going to bring in. I just hope I'll get reception.

Is the game going to be available streaming for cell phones with ESPN3 or anything?

Edited by jboyst62

I think I am going to attempt to do so. I found an old radio I am going to bring in. I just hope I'll get reception.

Is the game going to be available streaming for cell phones with ESPN3 or anything?

I am not sure but I would bet that it will be on the Watch ESPN app. It is on every other ESPN outlet

their defense is a mess because they have no players. They can hire any HC and a decent DC and if they can draft well and hit on some FAs their defense will get better regardless. They just have very little talent on that side.

I really don't understand the whole "defense is bad, hire a defensive coach" / "offense is bad, hire an offensive coach" line of thinking. I remember Billick being billed as an offensive genius with the Vikings and winning a Super Bowl with perhaps the worst championship offense ever in Baltimore. If you don't have the horses on offense, hiring the smartest offense coach imaginable will likely only get you so far before other teams watch tape and expose you. Same thing with not having the guys on defense.

In my mind, it's much more important to hire a coach who knows enough to trust his coordinators to worry about their sides of the ball while he worries about the big picture teamwise. The coach should also be able to understand how to win with your talent. By this measure, we are a perfect fit for Rex as we need to win games the way he already wants to win them. If we would have brought in Gase/Hamilton/Trestman etc I would feel much worse about our odds as I'd be afraid they'd be worried about making us into something we aren't capable of being. As much as I hate Marrone for what he did, at least he was smart enought to know we wouldn't be winning any games trying to sling the ball around like the Saints.

I really don't understand the whole "defense is bad, hire a defensive coach" / "offense is bad, hire an offensive coach" line of thinking. I remember Billick being billed as an offensive genius with the Vikings and winning a Super Bowl with perhaps the worst championship offense ever in Baltimore. If you don't have the horses on offense, hiring the smartest offense coach imaginable will likely only get you so far before other teams watch tape and expose you. Same thing with not having the guys on defense.

In my mind, it's much more important to hire a coach who knows enough to trust his coordinators to worry about their sides of the ball while he worries about the big picture teamwise. The coach should also be able to understand how to win with your talent. By this measure, we are a perfect fit for Rex as we need to win games the way he already wants to win them. If we would have brought in Gase/Hamilton/Trestman etc I would feel much worse about our odds as I'd be afraid they'd be worried about making us into something we aren't capable of being. As much as I hate Marrone for what he did, at least he was smart enought to know we wouldn't be winning any games trying to sling the ball around like the Saints.

He did a few times, against the teams with the crappy run defenses.

The knock, whether you subscribe to it or not is up to you, is that the Bills are what he had at the Jets. Stronger defense than offense. And his fault or not, it didn't work out well there.