Schwartz may remain DC...

YoloinOhio

I felt the only way to keep Schwartz through this mess was to offer him the HC job and that would have been a mistake IMO. As soon as they hire Rex there was no need for Jim Schwartz on this staff.

Also, I didn't like how Jim acted when the Bills beat the Lios this year. That showed no class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKSDvpzFfpE

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I freakin' hate this. This is one one of the reasons why hiring Ryan was a bad idea. The Bills need help on offense and the first thing that happens is they lose the DC who brought them the best defense in the last decade. For what? A "Big Name" coach who hasn't won in four years.

Until I see otherwise, hiring Ryan was a terrible decision. I hate this musical chairs administration. No continuity. It makes me sick.

The Pegulas dazzled by Ryan's fame and the spotlight it brings. Idiocy.

All this is fair enough, but will you be able to resist condemning the hire until you actually do see otherwise?

GO BILLS!!!

Losing Schwartz will have me questioning hiring a defensive minded guy for the Head Coach position

Exactly. It made no sense, and once they hired Ryan this outcome was inevitable. So now they blow it all up AGAIN, Rex fires a prerfectly good, successful defensive staff, brings in his own toadies and spends all his time obsessed with the defense. Sixth defensive coordinator change in eight years. Idiocy.

The last time this happened was when the Bills hired Greggo from Tennessee. Bills had the number two defense in the league, and Tennessee had number one. So he throws the Bills defense into the dumpster, gets rid of Ted Washington, installs a new system and the Bills go 3-13.

I'm not saying Ryan will go 3-13, but this constant churning of coaches and system is moronic. I fail to see what Ryan is bringing to the table that the Bills would not have gotten better by keeping Schwartz and hiring an offensive minded head coach, or making Scwartz the HC and getting a fresh, innovative offensive coordinator.

Edited by Dr. K

I have my doubts that Schwartz would have been here after next year if he didn't get the hc gig. This is the right move for the long term.

The defense is going to be excellent again, assuming no big injuries. The big question mark is greg roman and the offense.

Edited by QB Bills

I have my doubts that Schwartz would have been here after next year if he didn't get the hc gig. This is the right move for the long term.

The defense is going to be excellent again, assuming no big injuries. The big question mark is greg roman and the offense.

Exactly now the fans can stop getting scared if the DC will leave.

Can't wait to see Bradham and Kiko in this defense, and to a slightly lesser extent, Brown.

They HAD Bradham and Kiko in Rex's defense, which was Pettine's defense, and Bradham looked so bad in it he could not get off the bench. People were calling him a bust. They also had one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Generally I agree with you, Kelly, but I'm terribly skeptical about this move, more every day.

They HAD Bradham and Kiko in Rex's defense, which was Pettine's defense, and Bradham looked so bad in it he could not get off the bench. People were calling him a bust. They also had one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Generally I agree with you, Kelly, but I'm terribly skeptical about this move, more every day.

When was the last time a Rex Ryan defense was bad against the run?

Bradham was a completely different player this year after his arrest last year. He was actually extremely good the last few weeks in Pettine's defense after he re-committed himself, and would have been just as good with Pettine as he was with Schwartz, if Pettine were here this year. 2013 had everything to do with Bradham and his head, and little to do with coaches and schemes.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Pettine defense is not as good as a Rex Ryan defense. They do not have the same play calls during the game. Rex is much better at it and putting his guys in positions to succeed.

If you for a second thing they are the exact same b.c Pettine was under Rex then you have no idea.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Bradham was a completely different player this year after his arrest last year. He was actually extremely good the last few weeks in Pettine's defense after he re-committed himself, and would have been just as good with Pettine as he was with Schwartz, if Pettine were here this year. 2013 had everything to do with Bradham and his head, and little to do with coaches and schemes.

I remember hearing him say he realized he screwed up and wont let it happen again. Has a love of the game and it was a wake call etc etc etc.

I applaud him as he seemed sincere. As you say he re committed himself. Kudos Nigel!