Schwartz may remain DC...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a lot of conflicting reports being thrown around. We may have to wait for an announcement from the team, Ryan, or Schwartz to know for sure. Roman is being favored as the OC although nothing has been signed.

Even if he were to stay, makes no sense to change defensive alignment again. Just keep the defense intact. Why would Schwartz want to stay if the type of defense is being dictated to him. This is the biggest thing that bums me about a Rex hire, him changing the defense. Can't help but think about shades of Greg Williams coming in

:wallbash: .... :beer::censored: ... :wallbash: ... :thumbdown:... :doh:

wow, dismantled the #4 defense already.... switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 now? I don't get this hire at all.

And what were your thoughts when we lost Pettine and went to Schwartz?

Lets all keep in mind that the Bills had the highest payroll on the defensive side of the ball in the NFL. One could argue that given that #4 not so incredibly impressive. Remind us please how many times we forced the Patriots to punt when we played them in Orchard Park giving up 37 points? In December Rex held that same Brady to 17 points in a narrow 17-16 loss

Yep same old Bills, just new owners....3-4,4-3,3-4,4-3,3-4,4-3,etc etc players never in the same system two years in a row....and instincts do not have a chance to develope....have to think every time....D headed back to medocirty if Ray forces whoever to to 3-4. Honestly, I wish I had not committed to 15 season tickets......and, marketing mistake...ryan reviled by many Bills fans....Pegula's save the franchise, but seem not to get it.

In relation to Schwartz, Rex just want to Win, I cant see a switch to 3-4 happening immediately(If we do, B Spikes will be resigned immediately), wasn't Rex a big proponent of the 4-6 defense? We have the Talent to run that. With our D being as dominant as they were, I cant see them forcing a D change

Yep same old Bills, just new owners....3-4,4-3,3-4,4-3,3-4,4-3,etc etc players never in the same system two years in a row....and instincts do not have a chance to develope....have to think every time....D headed back to medocirty if Ray forces whoever to to 3-4. Honestly, I wish I had not committed to 15 season tickets......and, marketing mistake...ryan reviled by many Bills fans....Pegula's save the franchise, but seem not to get it.

Same old Bills? We go out and spend huge money on one of the most in demand coaches in the league and are planning on paying top dollar for highly respected coordinators. Sounds like a whole new Bills to me! I love it so far.

It says joining staff.... not be DC.

and FYI:

The #Bills have "every intention" of keeping DC Jim Schwartz, just told by high-ranking team source.

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 2h2 hours ago

Told despite different def philosophy, Ryan would be OK w keeping Schwartz as DC bc he "wants to win." Who's running D "doesn't matter."

Edited by Wayne Cubed

If Rex is smart, he keeps Schwartz and let him run the D and just provides help when Schwartz wants it. His failing in NY was that he spent too much time as the defensive coordinator and not enough time as the Head Coach. If we bring in a strong coordinator like Roman/Trestman than I like the hire. Rex is a player's coach and with strong coordinators on both sides of the ball with his focus on being the head coach than I think this could be a good hire.

If the D performs in the top 5 again than you can bet Schwartz gets looks at coaching vacancies next year and then Ryan can bring in Thurman.

Edited by jeremy2020

From the Buffalo News a team source says they will keep Schwartz, and look to hire Greg Roman as OC. OK feeling better as Roman has built a power run game in SF

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/11/reports-bills-hire-rex-ryan-next-coach/

"Additionally, a high-ranking Bills source told the News that the team has "every intention of keeping" defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. Multiple media outlets have reported that Ryan intended to hire Dennis Thurman, his defensive coordinator with the Jets, to replace Schwartz. That would seemingly make more sense considering that Ryan, a former DC, runs a 3-4 base scheme and Schwartz, in his first year with the Bills last season, guided one of the best defenses in the NFL using a 4-3 base."

It says joining staff.... not be DC.

and FYI:

The #Bills have "every intention" of keeping DC Jim Schwartz, just told by high-ranking team source.

Vic Carucci @viccarucci 2h2 hours ago

Told despite different def philosophy, Ryan would be OK w keeping Schwartz as DC bc he "wants to win." Who's running D "doesn't matter."

giphy.gif