Schwartz may remain DC...

YoloinOhio

This defense is good because of the players mostly. And that will be the case again next year. But if you look at their histories, Rex has a much better track record. Schwartz had some lean years in Tennessee.

And another thing...perhaps I'm just drawing a blank but when was the last time a Rex Ryan defense had a star pass rusher like Mario? Or even Hughes for that matter?

Be excited for this defense, people. This could be something special.

The offense on the other hand...

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to take this banner down... Link

And another thing...perhaps I'm just drawing a blank but when was the last time a Rex Ryan defense had a star pass rusher like Mario? Or even Hughes for that matter?

Wilkerson ring any bells?

I am feeling like they will let Hughes go and bring in a pass rushing OLB from somewhere... not good.

Frees up cap space, hughes wouldnt have fit in

Schwartz you did an awesome job. You were the reason we went 9-7. I have cut this team so much slack, but I really can't comprehend what the !@#$ is going on over there. If we meet again, I don't doubt they'll be carrying you off the field in victory. Good luck to you sir. You will be missed.

Schwartz you did an awesome job. You were the reason we went 9-7. I have cut this team so much slack, but I really can't comprehend what the !@#$ is going on over there. If we meet again, I don't doubt they'll be carrying you off the field in victory. Good luck to you sir. You will be missed.

Absolutely. Fine job, and hey, when you haven't made the playoffs for 14 years, you gotta find a reason to carry the coach off the field. I enjoyed that moment.

I'll throw a one-man party if they can figure out a way to get Bill Callahan on board.

But as far as analyzing opponents/game-planning/self-scouting/quality control/etc Rex can provide a unique perspective on how oppoinents are likely to attack the Bills and how that can compromise the integrity of opposing defenses. When they're implementing the offense during the offseason and calling it on gameday, I agree Rex should be concentrating elsewhere, but he's got too valuable a pair of eyes to not utilize them as much as possible.

That would be as dumb as acquiring a stud WR and then making him an afterthought in your offense. :wallbash:

:lol: :lol: No one would do that. No sane coach anywhere.

Schwartz is now one of those guys who'll get the "head coach with experience and gravitas" looks. Teams always want the opposite of what they just had. Bills: Marrone (first timer) to Rex (retread). Broncos: McDaniels (first timer kid) to Fox (retread with gravitas). It's the way of the NFL.

He took a risk that could easily backfire, although we don't at all know what the conversation was with Rex. If he takes a job on the Redskins or Giants or Falcons etc and his defense finishes out of the top 10, which is maybe more likely than unlikely, suddenly maybe he is not such a good looking HC candidate in 2016. If he goes to the Seahawks he will likely shine of course, but they may not want a guy who is only going to be there one year.