[please fix subject]Tim Graham

Virgil

Every time I read something he reports, I get this cringe. I feel like he enjoys reporting negative things. He just seems disgruntled.

I don't know what it is, but I wish he would find another team

He gets a chubb from bad news.

He may be a curmudgeon, but he's a curmudgeon with sources and actually seems to be connected. I'll take that over someone just regurgitating the work of others.

This is fully true. Many of these local yokal reports are pals and work together. Some sit on the outside, like Rodrak and some are working their way in to the inner circle like Trapasso. Tim Graham is part of the good ol boy network of WNY reporters and he does not bull ****. He is a good reporter and just has his spin, that's all.

He loathes both the Bills and the Bills fans, and loves to walk the line between imply and infer in an effort to prod Bills fans to spar with him so the handful of fans he does have will come to his rescue.

He has convinced himself he should be doing better things for better teams in better places, and unless you sniff his jock or purport to be a writer at some level, he's simply smarter than you because he can type a full sentence.

In the end, I can't help but feel like HE feels something went wrong to put him in such crap town covering a crap team with crap management. Personally, I can't read anything he writes without the following stuck in my head:

tumblr_m9f6fgsBei1rc2lkjo2_1280.jpg

He loathes both the Bills and the Bills fans, and loves to walk the line between imply and infer in an effort to prod Bills fans to spar with him so the handful of fans he does have will come to his rescue.

He has convinced himself he should be doing better things for better teams in better places, and unless you sniff his jock or purport to be a writer at some level, he's simply smarter than you because he can type a full sentence.

In the end, I can't help but feel like HE feels something went wrong to put him in such crap town covering a crap team with crap management. Personally, I can't read anything he writes without the following stuck in my head:

That would fit

yellow journalism had it's name changed, from now on it's Tim Graham ism

and if you want me change my opinion, have Graham interview Marrone one on one in front of the Bills Nation live on the air, then the record would be straightened out on what is fact and what is crap

I am sure all the local stations would love to carry that event,

Edited by rumblefish

yellow journalism had it's name changed, from now on it's Tim Graham ism

and if you want me change my opinion, have Graham interview Marrone one on one in front of the Bills Nation live on the air, then the record would be straightened out on what is fact and what is crap

I am sure all the local stations would love to carry that event,

Are you Marrone's dad?

Time used to be an ok read until he went to ESPN. His writing their became much more mundane and poor. Then he quit/was fired and came back to Buffalo and has been a little b*tch since...sorry it didn't work out in the big leagues, timmah

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:ooooohhhh....those darn sportwriters...always against our team! if only they were FOR our team then we would win the superbowl!!!!!

Just so long as we appreciate the difference between a sports writer and a sports reporter.

GO BILLS!!!

Tells it like it is. Some people don`t like it. It screws with their fantasy world and leads to more meds.

Very seldom does he do this. Rather he tells it like HE thinks it is.

GO BILLS!!!

With all due respect, you are incorrect. Very.

He may be a curmudgeon, but he's a curmudgeon with sources and actually seems to be connected. I'll take that over someone just regurgitating the work of others.

Shirley, you can't be serious. He regurgitated John Kryk's news throughout the entire Pegula sale process.

is this a joke? Kryk was all over the place.

No. He wasn't. He broke every reliable piece of information throughout the entire process. Every single piece.

Just calling him as I read him. To borrow from Dennis Miller, if his skin were any thinner he'd need a reservoir tip.

Proven by the fact that he no longer frequents certain Bills fan sites; or at least one.

Just calling him as I read him. To borrow from Dennis Miller, if his skin were any thinner he'd need a reservoir tip.

Who isn't thin skinned on TSW? If there is someone who is not they don't have much of an opinion. The mentality here is kill the messenger and maybe it won't be true. I just saw people in the Shout box killing Peter King because he reported that McDaniels isn't going to give the bills an interview. King isn't anti-Bills by any means. Just reporting a story.

For my money, TG is a good reporter (he owned the sale-of-the-team beat) who chose to leave ESPN for the Buffalo News, and who has been a huge asset during a year of transition.

Does he mess around with antagonistic people on Twitter more than makes sense? Sure. But that's his way of dealing with them, and far be it from me to say he should just ignore them.

YMMV

I think people mistake, and misread, his personality, and wrongly apply that to his job and his writing.

On Twitter, he likes to mess and fukk with people, and he doesn't suffer fools well. I find him amusing. Sure, he's a prick but a lot of us are as Badol says above. You shouldn't equate that with his job. When he's just a writer and reporter, he's pretty good. Very good when he does stuff like the Talley piece. He can blur the lines between sports reporter and sports columnist, so sometimes his stories have a little too much opinion than reporting, and he waffles between them at times, although he has somewhat of a strange job at the News that has him blurring these lines.

He has a thin skin and can get quite pissy so a lot of people don't like him. I understand that, although it doesn't bother me personally too much.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I think people mistake, and misread, his personality, and wrongly apply that to his job and his writing.

On Twitter, he likes to mess and fukk with people, and he doesn't suffer fools well. I find him amusing. Sure, he's a prick but a lot of us are as Badol says above. You shouldn't equate that with his job. When he's just a writer and reporter, he's pretty good. Very good when he does stuff like the Talley piece. He can blur the lines between sports reporter and sports columnist, so sometimes his stories have a little too much opinion than reporting, and he waffles between them at times, although he has somewhat of a strange job at the News that has him blurring these lines.

He has a thin skin and can get quite pissy so a lot of people don't like him. I understand that, although it doesn't bother me personally too much.

That's his problem in a nutshell. Like Sully, he's not devoid of talent but, also like Sully, he is perceived as having an agenda. That will engender very little cooperation from those on the beat they're covering and that leads to very real resentment which furthers the agenda. Their questions at pressers are embarrassing in the tone in which they're asked. It's no wonder that certain beat reporters have access and others don't. This is a far cry from Felser's day at 'Sestak's and Maguires' when players and coaches could feel free to confide in a reporter over drinks. The click-driven corporate media machine negates that entirely and it's really too bad.

GO BILLS!!!

There's one reporter who can engage in a good-hearted debate on this site. There's one reporter who takes the time to stop, not just to say hi or show his face, but engage in actual conversation at the yearly TBD home opener tailgates. He also gives credit when he's re-broadcasting someone else's break.

That's how you get respect.

From a guy like me, anyway.

I'm not gonna bash, but Graham only gets along with people who agree with him. In my world, those kinds of people are called spoiled, rotten a-holes.

That's his problem in a nutshell. Like Sully, he's not devoid of talent but, also like Sully, he is perceived as having an agenda. That will engender very little cooperation from those on the beat they're covering and that leads to very real resentment which furthers the agenda. Their questions at pressers are embarrassing in the tone in which they're asked. It's no wonder that certain beat reporters have access and others don't. This is a far cry from Felser's day at 'Sestak's and Maguires' when players and coaches could feel free to confide in a reporter over drinks. The click-driven corporate media machine negates that entirely and it's really too bad.

GO BILLS!!!

Totally agree with all of that and well said. But it's not his fault that newspapers are not the way they used to be, and there is no such thing as the Sestak and Maquire's nod nod wink wink agreement with reporters. His duties at the news, which like other newspapers is trying to reinvent itself in the Twittersphere has him doing both jobs. It's no wonder that he wanders and waffles between the two distinctly different jobs.

He even snipes at his own News colleagues. Alan Pergament went to SU fyi:

· Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 31m31 minutes ago

I can confirm Doug Marrone has opted out of his contract.

0 replies 137 retweets 58 favorites

· David Vill@DvdVill 18m18 minutes ago

@ByTimGraham If he goes to Jets, think he'll get along with NY media?

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

· Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 18m18 minutes ago

Three-quarters of them went to Syracuse, so I'd imagine. RT @DvdVill If he goes to Jets, think he'll get along with NY media?

0 replies 12 retweets 19 favorites

· Alan Pergament@StillTalkinTV 6m6 minutes ago

@ByTimGraham Yeah which means they'll do their jobs and be critical when needed. Many Buffalo media went to SU too

0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

· Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 4m4 minutes ago

Go find a sense of humor RT @StillTalkinTV Yeah which means they'll do their jobs and be critical when needed. Many Buffalo media went to SU

· Alan Pergament@StillTalkinTV 4m4 minutes ago

@ByTimGraham I was laughing with you

Three-quarters of them went to Syracuse, so I'd imagine. RT @DvdVill If he goes to Jets, think he'll get along with NY media?

@ByTimGraham Yeah which means they'll do their jobs and be critical when needed. Many Buffalo media went to SU too

Go find a sense of humor RT @StillTalkinTV Yeah which means they'll do their jobs and be critical when needed. Many Buffalo media went to SU

He inexplicably sees himself on another level. I'll never get it; nor will I get his supporters. It's like trying to figure out how the Backstreet Boys used to sell out stadiums.

And while haters whine about the messenger..........the NY media has already been harder on Marrone than whe WNY media ever was. That NYDN article was killer and Lupica is comparing him to Rich Kotite. :lol:

Totally agree with all of that and well said. But it's not his fault that newspapers are not the way they used to be, and there is no such thing as the Sestak and Maquire's nod nod wink wink agreement with reporters. His duties at the news, which like other newspapers is trying to reinvent itself in the Twittersphere has him doing both jobs. It's no wonder that he wanders and waffles between the two distinctly different jobs.

No, it's not the fault of today's writers that the newspaper business is a shadow of it's former self. And you raise a great point about how papers like the BN are trying to reinvent themselves in the competitive arena of the electronic age. Not sure why that would contribute to a snarky attitude at press conferences though; you're either a professional or your not, regardless of the editorial philosophy of your employer.

Bottom line is that guys like Graham, Sully, and Bucky just aren't favored by their subjects. And it pisses them off and that feeds on itself. Remember when Sully made it a point to purposely walk on the Sabres logo on their locker room floor when he knew full well that's taboo? What was he trying to accomplish other than to DELIBERATELY piss off the people in that room? It's childish.

GO BILLS!!!