Mort: Polian tells Pegula he will remain at ESPN

FluffHead

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The interesting thing is that HOF voting is 31 January. Polian CANT take a job before then or he is ineligible. I wonder if this report is just out there just so that it doesnt impact the HOF vote in 4 weeks....then Polian joins the Bills. Just a random thought...

This is my thought too. I think he is pretty upset about the leaks about joining after the HOF vote.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 39s39 seconds ago

Well-placed source: Polian's decision on Bills shifted in past day. Major factor in change of heart was talking to Marrone, who ripped org.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 50s51 seconds ago

Everything was lined up for Polian to return to Bills just 24 hours ago. But he is a big fan of Marrone's and trusts his opinion.

Its an organization transitioning to a new owner for Christ's sake! One that he would be able to mold…this is getting weirder by the minute.

Its an organization transitioning to a new owner for Christ's sake! One that he would be able to mold…this is getting weirder by the minute.

I honestly think it is the entire HOF thing. Marrone opting out increased the speculation so much, that this is the direction Polian needed to go in...

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 39s39 seconds ago

Well-placed source: Polian's decision on Bills shifted in past day. Major factor in change of heart was talking to Marrone, who ripped org.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 50s51 seconds ago

Everything was lined up for Polian to return to Bills just 24 hours ago. But he is a big fan of Marrone's and trusts his opinion.

Haha. That's pretty lame. Apparently Doug can do no wrong. It's not his fault the offense was horrible it's the new owners who have only been in place for 2 months.

This is my thought too. I think he is pretty upset about the leaks about joining after the HOF vote.

The HOF said he can still be nominated. The problem is the voters won't vote for someone who is still working or appears to want it. Their view of the HOF is once the book is fully written - Hence the reason Parcells never gets in...

I am sure he is furious about this...

Yep. Although if he wasn't planning on hiring coaches and staff anyway, or doing any heavy lifting, he wasn't taking on any kind of GM role. So the whole thing is murky.

Yeah, I read those quotes as basically, "They were going to pay me a lot of money to do very little and when it became clear to me I'd have to put in a lot of work it didn't sound like a great job."

Agreed. Promote Pepper Johnson to defensive coordinator and find a good offensive coordinator. The players like Schwartz and we need to maintain some level of continuity.

"I think in my career it's the one thing we haven't done or we haven't tried," Williams said. "Hopefully with the way we competed this year, the spirit we had this year, close but no cigar. My dad always used to tell me close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but I think we've got an opportunity to be a good football team going forward. it would always be a setback if you have massive, massive overhaul. Like I said, that's the one thing we haven't done is have continuity."

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/buffalo_bills_players_hoping_not_to_lose_jim_schwartz_think_he_deserves_chance_t.html

I do not know what to believe.

December 31 - reports that Marrone opted out because he was afraid of football czar - i.e Polian.

January 1 - reports that Polian had a change of heart because Marrone left.

One of the above might make sense, but not BOTH.

Yeah, I read those quotes as basically, "They were going to pay me a lot of money to do very little and when it became clear to me I'd have to put in a lot of work it didn't sound like a great job."

I like Polian. I would have been happy to have him in Buffalo as a consultant or czar. But I didn't want him having any real power. He's the ultimate manipulator, which you have to be to some degree to be a GM. But he wasn't going to be doing any real GM duties anyway. He wasn't going to studying film. So we have to take his comments with a little grain of salt. He wasn't coming here to be GM. Ever.

December 31 - reports that Marrone opted out because he was afraid of football czar - i.e Polian.

the first one is from the national media. So I believe the second one.

Marrone IS a jerk, but what is it about the organization that he finds so terrible? Who does he dislike? Presumably Whaley, but who else?

I thought Whaley would be a goner, but it looks like he may be the last man standing in this clusterf**k. I have a hunch Schwartz will get the head coaching job now ...

Yeah, it's a mess and no one on the Bills is stepping up to clear it up. Too many leaks. Terry didn't build a business this way.

Polian has to stay away now or he looks like an idiot. If he was that enamored of Marrone, then he is one.