Mort: Polian tells Pegula he will remain at ESPN

FluffHead

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I read those quotes as basically, "They were going to pay me a lot of money to do very little and when it became clear to me I'd have to put in a lot of work it didn't sound like a great job."

I like Polian. I would have been happy to have him in Buffalo as a consultant or czar. But I didn't want him having any real power. He's the ultimate manipulator, which you have to be to some degree to be a GM. But he wasn't going to be doing any real GM duties anyway. He wasn't going to studying film. So we have to take his comments with a little grain of salt. He wasn't coming here to be GM. Ever.

I do not know what to believe.

December 31 - reports that Marrone opted out because he was afraid of football czar - i.e Polian.

January 1 - reports that Polian had a change of heart because Marrone left.

One of the above might make sense, but not BOTH.

the first one is from the national media. So I believe the second one.

Marrone IS a jerk, but what is it about the organization that he finds so terrible? Who does he dislike? Presumably Whaley, but who else?

I thought Whaley would be a goner, but it looks like he may be the last man standing in this clusterf**k. I have a hunch Schwartz will get the head coaching job now ...

I do not know what to believe.

December 31 - reports that Marrone opted out because he was afraid of football czar - i.e Polian.

January 1 - reports that Polian had a change of heart because Marrone left.

One of the above might make sense, but not BOTH.

Yeah, it's a mess and no one on the Bills is stepping up to clear it up. Too many leaks. Terry didn't build a business this way.

Polian has to stay away now or he looks like an idiot. If he was that enamored of Marrone, then he is one.