Polian in, Nix out

Just posted on FB -and I was texted about it a half hr ago

Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora

Follow

Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

6:33 PM - 31 Dec 2014

924 RETWEETS 343 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow

In Bills front office shakeup, former GM Buddy Nix, who remains on staff, has a contract that expires next month. He will not be asked back

6:57 PM - 31 Dec 2014

183 RETWEETS 79 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Just posted on FB -and I was texted about it a half hr ago

Follow

Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

6:33 PM - 31 Dec 2014

924 RETWEETS 343 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

WoooHoooo geting the band back together (hopefully works, fingers crossed emoticon)

Really do not want polian. I would Rather have Hackett as head coach than Chris polian involved with the bills in any capacity and I hate nate hackett

whos says he is coming?

Follow

In Bills front office shakeup, former GM Buddy Nix, who remains on staff, has a contract that expires next month. He will not be asked back

6:57 PM - 31 Dec 2014

190 RETWEETS 82 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Sorry. Not sure why this post didn't load the 1st time. Nix' contract up in January and he won't be asked back.

On a side note, does anyone know a Buffalo restaurant named David's???

Interesting that Polian was calling for Maronne to be considered for coach of the year a month ago and he doesn't advise Pegula to give him more money.

That statement was said during the afterglow of the Packer game. I'm positive all thoughts of Coach of the Year votes went out the window with the Raider loss.

Furthermore, I don't know this is what he meant for sure, but I would bet on it any amount of money. He didn't really mean that he thought Marrone should win Coach of the Year, he said he "should get a few votes." A lot of guys throw votes in for awards like that to acknowledge the great job someone did, knowing another guy is going to win the award. There is no chance in hell that he thinks Marrone did a better job than, say, Bruce Arians or even Jason Garrett. But most years you see a guy get 20+, and run away with it, and then 3-4 other guys get a couple or a few. That's what he meant. Otherwise he wouldn't have said get a few votes.

Can't quote for whatever reason but Bill Polian brings his son along almost anywhere he goes. Promoting Chris to gm was his downfall in indy. He lucked into his qbs. Although he is very thorough when drafting them. I absolutely hate bill's drafting and despise chris' drafting

Chris has a job already. I don't think there is any chance that the Pegulas would allow Polian to install his son as GM and fire Whaley. That ain't happening.

So, this David's restaurant thing.. My phone is blowing up from WNY friends that a certain pro sports owner is currently dining with a past SB winning coach tonight..

You can't do that to us--if you start you have to finish. It's a rule.

This smells like the Marv Levy gm hire. Bad idea. It''s a new game and a new day.

I fear the planets and Pegulas are in retrograde.

New game and new day doesn't mean the man doesn't know what makes a good football player. It doesn't mean he doesn't know what the league is now. He hasn't been out on a farm somewhere. He's been analyzing the NFL for ESPN since he retired. It's his business to know the league and its operations. He'll be fine. He's built everywhere he's gone. He's the Harbaugh of GM's. Buffalo, Carolina and Indianapolis all got much better under his watch; and fairly quickly at that.

Edited by purple haze

You can't do that to us--if you start you have to finish. It's a rule.

Trying to get other sources to confirm. I've never heard of the place but I know and trust one of my sources. The other one, not so much. Could be true and it's just a couple old buds sharing a New Years Eve dinner..

So, this David's restaurant thing.. My phone is blowing up from WNY friends that a certain pro sports owner is currently dining with a past SB winning coach tonight..

eddie debartolo jr. and the exhumed corpse of vince lombardi?

well I know for sure this former SB coach isn't at his home in Raleigh to ight

Yep. Perhaps these 'old Buds' are just co-authoring a WNY Restaurant Review piece for the News. They seem to be doing this rather frequently of late..

I'm hearing Chin & Pegs are chowing down together again tonight.

New game and new day doesn't mean the man doesn't know what makes a good football player. It doesn't mean he doesn't know what the league is now. He hasn't been out on a farm somewhere. He's been analyzing the NFL for ESPN since he retired. It's his business to know the league and its operations. He'll be fine. He's built everywhere he's gone. He's the Harbaugh of GM's. Buffalo, Carolina and Indianapolis all got much better under his watch; and fairly quickly at that.

Feel free to bust a nut in your trousers over the past, but I'm going to remain skeptical of nostalgia hires. As good as Polian was in some areas, he failed to address major areas in each of his stops. The net result of all his dynasty building was the Colts winning the bowl with the gift of a Rex Grossman handicap.

The key is to find the next Polian analog on the ascent, not the retread.

Edited by No QB - No Bueno