Raiders interested in Russ Brandon

Jerry Jabber

Wow, you're in a vacuum. Our organization has been pure donkey balls for 15+ years. The Raiders have won, and won a lot in the last 10-15 years. They sure took care of us this year, to.

I wonder the same thing. How can a team just take talent from another organization like this?

Some fans never cease to amaze me. So many wanted Orton gone and we will rue that day when we are in the 2015 season and have Manuel and McCoy at the position with Tuel at the 3rd spot.

I imagine his role with the team translates well to the OneBuffalo campaign. i look for this to happen by the Summer when both teams are in their offseason, so for the Sabres, either March or for the Bills October.

hes not a player/coach/GM.... id imagine its mostly based on his contract, not league rules, if he can interview elsewhere or needs permission.

if marrone got an opt out, id also be curious how broadly those are in high level contracts with the team.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you're in a vacuum. Our organization has been pure donkey balls for 15+ years. The Raiders have won, and won a lot in the last 10-15 years. They sure took care of us this year, to.

I know we are terrible. As I said after the fact, why we were good for Brandon.

The Raiders have been awful. Have finished 4th or 3rd every season since 2002. Thats an eternity for a capped league. Won 5 or less games in 10 of the last 12 seasons.

Not sure why he would go there with the uncertainty of that team's future. Plus he is from WNY.

It won't happen.

If he hasn't been fired by now then he has a lifetime job with a cush retirement ahead of him at our expense.

Then again, we don't have to go to games and support that.

If you ask me, and this has been a concern for months for me, Pegula is more interested in becoming Buffalo's downtown rennaissance hero and less interested in ever making the Sabres much less Bills any good.

He claims to be a long-time fan but also claims to not know the issues of the team. Well then he's really not that bright or he's lying through his teeth, and I'll guess the latter. Any fool that watches football even casually knows damn well what the problems on this team are. Seems like the new boss is no different than the old boss. If that ends up being true, might be better that the team left town.

hes not a player/coach/GM.... id imagine its mostly based on his contract, not league rules, if he can interview elsewhere or needs permission.

if marrone got an opt out, id also be curious how broadly those are in high level contracts with the team.

First thing related: If his contract allows him to interview without permission, accept a contract/position without being able to match it or counter it or flat out quit without repercussions and sitting out a year or two then whoever wrote it needs to be kicked in the nads for being an idiot.

second, pretty much the same thing with Marrone. If he can opt out of his contract 100% free then i cannot imagine the wording that lets him slip out so easily. i get that it has to do with new ownership and maybe its just that i do not like the way contracts work these days.

i am sure the bills could fire either of them or any player on the team and fight them in court to get a ton of the money back that was promised in the contract. contracts mean so little these days its sad.

I know we are terrible. As I said after the fact, why we were good for Brandon.

The Raiders have been awful. Have finished 4th or 3rd every season since 2002. Thats an eternity for a capped league. Won 5 or less games in 10 of the last 12 seasons.

when we're floating in the bowl with them, we can't say anything about the odors they're putting up. We both stink.

Don't want Russ to leave. I like the job he has done besides the year he was gm.

Agreed. People should be careful what they wish for.Get rid of Orton,Manuel,Whaley, Hackett, Brandon etc...on and on. Things can get worse. I want my team to make smart decisions, not rash decisions. Brandon is great at his job.

Please, Please, Please take him. Then the last of the remaining stench will be gone.

Sheeeet!

We can't even put up air fresheners. These piles of stench are apparently going to become office fixtures now, like coffee tables.

Jeez all this speculation already.

And they replace them with whom?

Well let's wait as long as possible to assess the situation so that the odds of finding the most competent people out there diminishes to every extent possible.

I'd love to see Tom Gamble here as GM to start. His track record blows this organizations record away much less that of Whaley, Brandon, or anyone else here.

This team never ceases to amaze me. Most people can't even recognize that our illustrious 9-7 season isn't a lot closer to our usual 6-10 ones than it is to 10-6 or better and playoffs. When the FO can't see that we're in trouble. But hey, trouble is the Bills' middle name now.

I have to wonder if this "leak" and the one about Marrone's opt out clause, are just a messege they are both, but separatly, trying to send to the Pegulas.

It's at face value. It's someone simply putting it out there knowing that it exists, maybe a frustrated source like many of that apparently unlike the Pegulas easily see what the issues and problems of this team are and are hoping to push things towards real positive change instead of mere news headline change.

I don't see the honeymoon between the media and fans and the Pegulas lasting very long.

Brandon deserves tremendous credit for his marketing efforts with a team that has not made the playoffs in 15 years. Going to Oakland could be interesting to Brandon, particularly if the real goal is to move the Raiders to LA in a year or two.

Edited by jahnyc

Russ, best of luck. And please clean out your desk by Monday.

Maybe tou can sell precious home games for the Raiders to Tijuana? Yes, your crowning achievement in Buffalo selling off home field advantage.

The stink and failure here since you arrived in Buffalo will quickly be forgotten. A true member of the old guard club, maybe Overdorf will go with you.

You deserve each other.