Raiders interested in Russ Brandon

Jerry Jabber

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago

Three names I continue to hear interest the Raiders as a potential team president: Russ Brandon (BUF), Kevin Warren (MIN) and Mike Holmgren Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Brandon's ability to grow revenue in such a small market to the point Bills sold well over $1B w/o a new stadium would appeal to Mark Davis

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 1m1 minute ago

Telling you...what Russ Brandon did marketing wise for playoff-less #Bills over past decade would be viewed by many in NFL as job well done.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not even a little surprising. This is the exact reason that I think that his power gets shifted. He will be offered a position of high power in Pegula Sports and Entertainment or he will take a president job elsewhere. RB has a stellar reputation around pro sports for the reasons mentioned by LaCanfora.

Hes been successful marketing a team in a league thats enjoyed unprecedented exponential growth in the last 20 years. Hooray for Russ. Hes a successful business man! Yay! Seriously, Yay for Russ.

The Bills surely would have gone bankrupt without him. Go Russ Go! Youre my hero.

This is not even a little surprising. This is the exact reason that I think that his power gets shifted. He will be offered a position of high power in Pegula Sports and Entertainment or he will take a president job elsewhere. RB has a stellar reputation around pro sports for the reasons mentioned by LaCanfora.

agreed - i could see him getting a broadened role, like we saw with some of the saints guys after benson bought the hornets/pelicans

I think the Raiders would have to blow him away with an offer...He's a WNY guy...Unless of course they were going to send him packing...Which I highly doubt... B-)

Im sure he would like to keep control/say/involvement/whatever you want to call it over the football operations. If, in fact the Pegulas are going to reduce that role... and/or install someone new there. I could see Brandon leaving if he would be given a similar role as he had under Ralph Wilson.

he is perfect for the Raiders. A garbage loser organization with terrible ownership who need to sell garbage to fans.

Wow, you're in a vacuum. Our organization has been pure donkey balls for 15+ years. The Raiders have won, and won a lot in the last 10-15 years. They sure took care of us this year, to.

Russ is the president here.... would oakland have to comp us?

I wonder the same thing. How can a team just take talent from another organization like this?

Why anybody would want to get rid of Brandon is beyond me.

Some fans never cease to amaze me. So many wanted Orton gone and we will rue that day when we are in the 2015 season and have Manuel and McCoy at the position with Tuel at the 3rd spot.

agreed - i could see him getting a broadened role, like we saw with some of the saints guys after benson bought the hornets/pelicans

I imagine his role with the team translates well to the OneBuffalo campaign. i look for this to happen by the Summer when both teams are in their offseason, so for the Sabres, either March or for the Bills October.