Not a Bad Season

gjv001

For a Bills fan this was not a bad season, as Bills seasons have gone so far this century. We won two more games than we are use too. Plus we had a pretty good defense to watch. I think the odds of us finding a Franchise type QB for next season are as slim as the Sabres having a winning season this year. But I do believe we have a good chance of keeping this defense together for next year. And I think between Free Agency and the Draft we can find some decent Guards and upgrade our running game. So things may be looking up for next season. Maybe we win 10 games next year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad season? Losing to a 2-12 team in week 16 is a bad season if you ask me.

Every loss sucked but we also had some exciting wins, two last-second comebacks and a gritty defensive win against the Packers. Don't forget the Chiefs lost to the Raiders as well so good teams can have bad games. But I know people are just too upset think think that way right now.

its basically the same old same old. Its always something.

Like BNiH said, its especially bad having a meaningful game and laying an egg vs a 2-12 team. Other really meaningful games against KC and Miami were blown.

This team is 11th in the Conference out of 15. Only the Raiders, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and the Jets are behind them. This, a year that they pushed the chips to the center of the table.

A few things break their way and they can improve. A few things go against them and they can get worse. Its where we always are. Its frustrating.

For a Bills fan this was not a bad season, as Bills seasons have gone so far this century. We won two more games than we are use too. Plus we had a pretty good defense to watch. I think the odds of us finding a Franchise type QB for next season are as slim as the Sabres having a winning season this year. But I do believe we have a good chance of keeping this defense together for next year. And I think between Free Agency and the Draft we can find some decent Guards and upgrade our running game. So things may be looking up for next season. Maybe we win 10 games next year.

Been hearing this since 1999; we are now excited over a meaningful game in December and breaking .500.

its basically the same old same old. Its always something.

Like BNiH said, its especially bad having a meaningful game and laying an egg vs a 2-12 team. Other really meaningful games against KC and Miami were blown.

This team is 11th in the Conference out of 15. Only the Raiders, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and the Jets are behind them. This, a year that they pushed the chips to the center of the table.

A few things break their way and they can improve. A few things go against them and they can get worse. Its where we always are. Its frustrating.

How crazy is it to be 8-7 and be 11th in the AFC?

Not a bad season? Losing to a 2-12 team in week 16 is a bad season if you ask me.

The Raiders are a 3-2 over their last 5 games. They're a much improved team under Tony Sparano. Sure the Bills are a better team and should've beat them, but they didn't.

I consider the season a failure not because we missed the playoffs but because we blew a really good chance at having our first winning record in over a decade. All we had to do is beat a 2-12 team. Now we'd have to beat 12-3 team away.

Could happen since NE is unlikely to dress Brady.

We are so used to bein horrible that average is a success to some. Not me this season was another wash...15 years and counting and next year will be 16.

That's a bad game. Doing that 16 times in a row is a bad season. :doh:

How crazy is it to be 8-7 and be 11th in the AFC?

Less crazy than it is to be 6-9 and leading the NFC South.

The Pats are likely playing for home field throughout. If so, they will need this game more than the Bills.

As for the type of season it was, of course it was a bad season, the Bills didn't make the playoffs yet again. They really only had one quality win, against the Packers, the others were wins against crap teams or lucky wins or both. The Bills rolled the dice dealing away next years #1 draft pick and are likely an 8-8 team, most likely 3rd in the Division, and have nothing at QB, a running back situation that is dicey, and an OL that is awful. Any Bills' fan satisfied with this year deserves another 15 years without the playoffs.

Edited by IronyAbounds

Could happen since NE is unlikely to dress Brady.

How do you figure that?

assuming Denver wins tonight then NE will need to win for the #1 seed.

Not to mention that Belicheck doesn't generally sit his starters and the Patriots have an exceptional record at home, especially against AFC opponents.